Man Charged In Craigslist-Related Robbery At Moorestown Mall
By Steve Beck
MOORESTOWN, N.J. (CBS) — A South Jersey man robbed a victim he lured to a local mall under the premise an iPhone was going to be exchanged for cash, police said.
Investigators say the suspect, identified as Marcell T. Spears, used the classified site Craigslist to set up his victim.
According to investigators, Spears advertised an iPhone on Craigslist and was contacted by the unsuspecting victim.
A meeting between the two was set up on July 1st at the Moorestown Mall.
During that meeting, police say Spears pulled a knife on the victim and stole an undisclosed amount of cash.
After an investigation, Spears was identified as the suspect and he was arrested at his Willingboro home on Thursday.
Spears was charged in Moorestown with 1st degree Robbery, 3rd degree Terroristic Threats, 3rd degree Possession of Weapon for Unlawful Purpose and 4th degree Possession of Weapons with bail set at $50,000.
He is being held at the Burlington County Jail.
Investigators say Spears is a suspect in a similar robbery that occurred in Cherry Hill the same night at the robbery in Moorestown.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Libertarian Group Ranks Kane As Nation’s Worst Attorney General
- Parents Using ‘Shuddle’ App To Drive Students To And From School
- Kraft Heinz Recalls More Than 2M Pounds Of Turkey Bacon
- Survey: Young Breast Cancer Survivors Make Treatment Choices Based On Fertility Concerns
- Suspect Sent Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter Nude Photo, Prosecutors Say