Scattered Storms Tonight, Then Quiet Late Week
By Justin Drabick
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A cold front will be moving through the Delaware Valley tonight keeping the chance for some showers and storms. A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect until 10pm with the potential for wind gusts to 60 mph and small hail. The storms will be more scattered tonight, so not every location will see a storm. The storm threat will begin to diminish late evening and skies will remain partly cloudy overnight with lows in the lower 70s.
Behind the front, a cooler and less humid air mass will return for Thursday. With the front situated just off the coast, there will be a chance of an isolated shower or storm in the afternoon, especially south and east. High temperatures will be near average in the mid 80s with comfortable humidity levels. The pleasant weather will then continue on Friday with sunshine and highs again in the mid 80s along with lower humidity levels.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- After Papal Visit, Tourism And Hospiality Industry In Philadelphia Looks To The Future
- Minority, Women-Run Businesses Get Inside Scoop On Landing Major Contracts In Philadelphia
- Forbes Announces Plans For Its Under 30 Summit To Go International
- House Set To Vote Of Governor Wolf’s Proposed Income Tax Hike
- Philadelphia’s Election Watchdog On Trail Of City’s Top Elections Official