PENNS GROVE, N.J. (CBS) – According to South Jersey Gas, a contractor struck a gas main in the area of Rt. 130 and Regional Drive just before 1 p.m. Tuesday.
As a precaution, the fire department has evacuated adjacent properties.
South Jersey Gas has a crew on site and they have stopped the leaking gas and plan to make repairs to the main.
Those evacuated will likely be able to return to their homes within the hour.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: Domestic Dispute Leads To Gunfire Near University Of Delaware
- St. Patrick’s Day By The Numbers
- WEATHER BLOG: Spring Nears, But So Does Another Nor’easter
- Florida DOT: Engineer Reported Cracks In Bridge Before Deadly Collapse
- ‘Einstein Of The Era’: Hawking Remembered As One Of The World’s Brightest Scientific Minds