PENNS GROVE, N.J. (CBS) – According to South Jersey Gas, a contractor struck a gas main in the area of Rt. 130 and Regional Drive just before 1 p.m. Tuesday.
As a precaution, the fire department has evacuated adjacent properties.
South Jersey Gas has a crew on site and they have stopped the leaking gas and plan to make repairs to the main.
Those evacuated will likely be able to return to their homes within the hour.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Lawsuit: Girl With Down Syndrome Expelled For Toilet Issues
- DelCo Teen Charged With Possessing Child Porn, Taking ‘Up-Skirt’ Recordings At Villanova
- Survey Finds Americans ‘Tired’ Of Election Talk On Social Media
- Kaine Makes Campaign Stop At Bucks County Community College
- More Supermarkets Across Pennsylvania Uncork Wine-To-Go Sales