Properties Evacuated In Salem County After Contractor Strikes Gas Main
PENNS GROVE, N.J. (CBS) – According to South Jersey Gas, a contractor struck a gas main in the area of Rt. 130 and Regional Drive just before 1 p.m. Tuesday.
As a precaution, the fire department has evacuated adjacent properties.
South Jersey Gas has a crew on site and they have stopped the leaking gas and plan to make repairs to the main.
Those evacuated will likely be able to return to their homes within the hour.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Millions To Take Part In National Crime Prevention Effort Started By Local Man
- Donations Will Pay For Funerals Of Children Who Died In SW Philadelphia Fire
- Ebola Outbreak Prompts Peace Corps To Remove Volunteers From Some Countries In Africa
- Back From France, Nutter Says He Never Lost Touch With Philadelphia
- More Charges Filed Against Ironworkers Union Members For Allegedly Damaging Worksites