Properties Evacuated In Salem County After Contractor Strikes Gas Main
PENNS GROVE, N.J. (CBS) – According to South Jersey Gas, a contractor struck a gas main in the area of Rt. 130 and Regional Drive just before 1 p.m. Tuesday.
As a precaution, the fire department has evacuated adjacent properties.
South Jersey Gas has a crew on site and they have stopped the leaking gas and plan to make repairs to the main.
Those evacuated will likely be able to return to their homes within the hour.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Replica Of The Shroud Of Turin Goes On Public Exhibition In Philadelphia
- Health Officials Concerned As E-Cigarette Use Rises In Younger Generations
- Scam Involving People Pretending To Be With Sheriff’s Office Makes Its Way To Philadelphia
- Tiny Particles Are Big Business For Univ. City Company
- Month Long Celebration Of Black Writing Festival Kicks Off In Less Than A Week