Properties Evacuated In Salem County After Contractor Strikes Gas Main
PENNS GROVE, N.J. (CBS) – According to South Jersey Gas, a contractor struck a gas main in the area of Rt. 130 and Regional Drive just before 1 p.m. Tuesday.
As a precaution, the fire department has evacuated adjacent properties.
South Jersey Gas has a crew on site and they have stopped the leaking gas and plan to make repairs to the main.
Those evacuated will likely be able to return to their homes within the hour.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Crews Work To Repair Water Main Break In East Mount Airy
- Curt Schilling Fires Back At Cyberbullies Targeting His Daughter
- Four Family Members With Ties To Philadelphia Drown In The Dominican Republic
- 5-Alarm Fire Rips Through Sheet Metal Plant In Upper Moreland
- Veterans Affairs Secretary Visits Wilmington VA Medical Center