Properties Evacuated In Salem County After Contractor Strikes Gas Main
PENNS GROVE, N.J. (CBS) – According to South Jersey Gas, a contractor struck a gas main in the area of Rt. 130 and Regional Drive just before 1 p.m. Tuesday.
As a precaution, the fire department has evacuated adjacent properties.
South Jersey Gas has a crew on site and they have stopped the leaking gas and plan to make repairs to the main.
Those evacuated will likely be able to return to their homes within the hour.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- EXCLUSIVE: Philadelphians Stranded In Mexico After Hurricane Odile Speak To CBS 3
- Private Screening For CBS’s New Political Drama “Madam Secretary” Held In Washington, D.C.
- I-Team Exclusive: Asking For Trouble
- Pa. Trooper Ambush Suspect Added To FBI 10 Most Wanted List
- 2 Arrests Made In Assault Of Woman In Camden