Properties Evacuated In Salem County After Contractor Strikes Gas Main
PENNS GROVE, N.J. (CBS) – According to South Jersey Gas, a contractor struck a gas main in the area of Rt. 130 and Regional Drive just before 1 p.m. Tuesday.
As a precaution, the fire department has evacuated adjacent properties.
South Jersey Gas has a crew on site and they have stopped the leaking gas and plan to make repairs to the main.
Those evacuated will likely be able to return to their homes within the hour.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Labor Day Neighborhood Block Party Includes Book Bag Giveaway And Free HIV Testing
- Investigation Underway After Man Found With Head Injuries Under Wilmington Bridge
- Union Members Celebrate Labor Day With Columbus Boulevard Parade
- Head Of Philadelphia Pastors Network Encourages Spiritual Leaders To Speak Out On Controversial Issues
- Resource Center For Laid Off Casino Workers To Open Wednesday