Properties Evacuated In Salem County After Contractor Strikes Gas Main
PENNS GROVE, N.J. (CBS) – According to South Jersey Gas, a contractor struck a gas main in the area of Rt. 130 and Regional Drive just before 1 p.m. Tuesday.
As a precaution, the fire department has evacuated adjacent properties.
South Jersey Gas has a crew on site and they have stopped the leaking gas and plan to make repairs to the main.
Those evacuated will likely be able to return to their homes within the hour.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Firefighters Battle 4-Alarm Fire In Delaware County
- AP: Bill Cosby Admitted He Got Drugs To Give Women For Sex
- Covered Bridge In Valley Forge National Historical Park Closed Due To Damage
- Body Found In New Jersey Inlet Is Missing Pennsylvania Teen
- Police: 1 Injured After Dump Truck Overturns In Delaware