Properties Evacuated In Salem County After Contractor Strikes Gas Main
PENNS GROVE, N.J. (CBS) – According to South Jersey Gas, a contractor struck a gas main in the area of Rt. 130 and Regional Drive just before 1 p.m. Tuesday.
As a precaution, the fire department has evacuated adjacent properties.
South Jersey Gas has a crew on site and they have stopped the leaking gas and plan to make repairs to the main.
Those evacuated will likely be able to return to their homes within the hour.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- FAA Lifts Ban On U.S. Flights To Israel’s Ben Gurion Airport
- Local Group Taking Action On A National Fight For Military Dogs
- Mother, Daughter Die From Injuries After Feltonville Food Truck Explosion
- 2 Local Shops Make List Of Nation’s Top Ice Cream Parlors
- Amid Israel Flight Ban, Israeli And Palestinian Supporters Rally In Center City