PENNS GROVE, N.J. (CBS) – According to South Jersey Gas, a contractor struck a gas main in the area of Rt. 130 and Regional Drive just before 1 p.m. Tuesday.
As a precaution, the fire department has evacuated adjacent properties.
South Jersey Gas has a crew on site and they have stopped the leaking gas and plan to make repairs to the main.
Those evacuated will likely be able to return to their homes within the hour.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Authorities Investigate Police-Involved Shooting In Chester
- Sentencing Day For Bucks County Woman Convicted In Attack On Gay Couple
- Police Shoot Family Dog After It Attacks Teen, Charges Officers In West Philly
- Weekend Box Office Report: ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Stays On Top
- Temple Football Stadium Talks Continue, Still Without Mayor’s Support