By Steve Beck
WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — Police are searching for the armed suspects who robbed a 70-year-old man in the parking lot of a Home Depot in Delaware.
The incident happened at about 5:20 a.m. Monday in the parking lot of the Home Depot in the 3600 block of Miller Road in Wilmington.
According to investigators, the 70-year-old victim was in the parking lot near the store’s entrance doors when he was confronted by two suspects.
Police say one of the suspects displayed a semiautomatic handgun and demanded money from the elderly victim.
The second suspect rifled through the victim’s pockets and removed his wallet which contained an undisclosed amount of cash and personal property.
The suspect then ran away from the scene.
The victim was not physically injured.
The suspects are described as black males, 28-30 years of age, 5’7”-5’10”, between 160-170 lbs. with a thin build. The suspects were last seen wearing dark clothing.
Anyone with information on the suspects is urged to call the Robbery Unit at Troop 2 at 302-834-2630 Extension #6 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Southwest Airlines Sought More Time For Engine Inspections
- Men Arrested At Starbucks Say They Feared For Their Lives
- Study: Income, Wealth Could Make Or Break Your Relationship
- Starbucks Says Free Coffee Coupon For ‘People Of Color’ Is Fake
- ‘Our Hearts Are Heavy’: Southwest Pilots Issue Statement After Jet Engine Explosion