WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — Police are continuing to investigate after shots were fired at an undercover police vehicle Monday afternoon.
The incident occurred around 12:45 p.m. An undercover officer observed a silver Buick traveling at a high rate of speed in the area of W. 35th Street and N. Market Streets. As the officer began following the car, an occupant fired shots at the officer’s vehicle, striking the passenger side window.
The suspect’s vehicle then crashed into a parked car in the 2800 block of N. West Street. Three occupants ran from the vehicle. Police were able to catch two of them and take them into custody after a brief pursuit on foot.
The third suspect managed to evade police and officers established perimeter and closed streets to traffic from West to Jefferson Streets and W. 30th to W. 24th Streets for approximately two hours. All traffic restrictions have since been lifted.
There were no reported injuries and police continue to investigate this incident
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Protesters Breach DNC Security Fence, Phila. Police Commissioner Calls Attempt ‘Ridiculous’
- President Obama Backs Clinton During DNC: ‘No One More Qualified’
- VP Nominee Tim Kaine Impersonates Donald Trump At DNC: ‘Believe Me’
- Large Snake On Loose In Gloucester County Found, Returned To Owner
- Bloomberg Attacks Trump At DNC: ‘The Richest Thing About Trump Is His Hypocrisy’