Delaware Police Investigating After Shots Fired At Undercover Police Vehicle
WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — Police are continuing to investigate after shots were fired at an undercover police vehicle Monday afternoon.
The incident occurred around 12:45 p.m. An undercover officer observed a silver Buick traveling at a high rate of speed in the area of W. 35th Street and N. Market Streets. As the officer began following the car, an occupant fired shots at the officer’s vehicle, striking the passenger side window.
The suspect’s vehicle then crashed into a parked car in the 2800 block of N. West Street. Three occupants ran from the vehicle. Police were able to catch two of them and take them into custody after a brief pursuit on foot.
The third suspect managed to evade police and officers established perimeter and closed streets to traffic from West to Jefferson Streets and W. 30th to W. 24th Streets for approximately two hours. All traffic restrictions have since been lifted.
There were no reported injuries and police continue to investigate this incident
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Firefighters Battle 3-Alarm Fire In Delaware County
- AP: Bill Cosby Admitted He Got Drugs To Give Women For Sex
- Covered Bridge In Valley Forge National Historical Park Closed Due To Damage
- Body Found In New Jersey Inlet Is Missing Pennsylvania Teen
- Police: 1 Injured After Dump Truck Overturns In Delaware