By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — One person was killed and another is in critical condition after a single-car crash in Northeast Philadelphia early Monday morning.
The crash happened at about 2:10 a.m. at E. Luzerne Street near Whitaker Avenue in the city’s Juniata Park section.
According to investigators, a vehicle was traveling at a high rate of speed on E. Luzerne Street when it lost control and crashed into a wall.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene. A second individual was rushed to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
The deadly crash remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Teen Helps Struggling Runner Finish Marathon
- Laid Up With ‘Man Flu’? It’s Real, Researcher Says
- SpaceX Is Sending Barley To Space For Budweiser Research
- Here’s When Pennsylvania Could Have Its Darkest & Coldest Winter Day
- Pipe Bomb Strapped To Man Explodes In NYC Subway, Injuring 4 In Attempted Terror Attack