By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — One person was killed and another is in critical condition after a single-car crash in Northeast Philadelphia early Monday morning.
The crash happened at about 2:10 a.m. at E. Luzerne Street near Whitaker Avenue in the city’s Juniata Park section.
According to investigators, a vehicle was traveling at a high rate of speed on E. Luzerne Street when it lost control and crashed into a wall.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene. A second individual was rushed to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
The deadly crash remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Study: Long-Term Stress Might Make You Fat
- Sleepy Teens 4.5 Times Likely to Commit Crimes By Age 29: Study
- The Marshmallow Test: What It Reveals About Our Children’s Future Success
- Woman Warning Others After Spotting Suspicious Item On Her Windshield
- GoFundMe Set Up To Save Disabled Woman’s New Jersey Home