GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Child endangerment charges have been filed against a southern New Jersey father who allegedly was driving drunk with his two young children in the car.
Galloway Township police say 30-year-old Paul Dessicino of Mays Landing was also charged with heroin possession after his vehicle was stopped around 9:30 a.m. Saturday on Route 30.
Police had stopped the vehicle after another driver called 911 to report a car that was being driven erratically and at one point had almost overturned.
Dessicino’s two children, ages 4 and 5, were found inside the vehicle and were not injured. They were turned over to their mother.
Dessicino’s bail was set at $10,000. A telephone number for him could not be located Sunday, and it was not known if he has retained a lawyer.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- 1 Missing, 4 Rescued After Boat Hits Wake On Delaware River, Coast Guard Says
- Middle Township Police: Man Arrested After Marijuana Is Found In Daughter’s Book Bag
- Driver Safely Evacuates Students Before School Bus Goes Up In Flames
- 2 Men Wanted Following Police-Involved Shooting In Folcroft
- Study: Half Of Workers Check In With Office While On Vacation