GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Child endangerment charges have been filed against a southern New Jersey father who allegedly was driving drunk with his two young children in the car.
Galloway Township police say 30-year-old Paul Dessicino of Mays Landing was also charged with heroin possession after his vehicle was stopped around 9:30 a.m. Saturday on Route 30.
Police had stopped the vehicle after another driver called 911 to report a car that was being driven erratically and at one point had almost overturned.
Dessicino’s two children, ages 4 and 5, were found inside the vehicle and were not injured. They were turned over to their mother.
Dessicino’s bail was set at $10,000. A telephone number for him could not be located Sunday, and it was not known if he has retained a lawyer.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Hillary Clinton To Make One Last Appearance In Philly; Police Ready
- DNC Over, But Is There Real Unity For New Jersey Democrats?
- DNC Over; Back To Work To Fix New Jersey’s Transportation Trust Fund
- Crowds Gather In Rain For Northern Libs DNC Watch Party
- 4-Star General Delivers Forceful Case For Clinton At DNC