Heat And Humidity Return This Week
By Justin Drabick
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — It was a very pleasant holiday weekend to be outside all across the Delaware Valley. High temperatures were below average on Saturday and near average on Sunday along with very low humidity levels. Changes in our weather pattern will occur this week, bringing back typical July weather.
Southerly wind flow will continue to bring in a hotter and humid air mass into the mid-Atlantic this week. Expect another dry day on Monday with sunshine, but high temperatures return above average around 90 degrees. Humidity levels will continue to rise on Monday but it will still be comfortable.
The real humid air mass will arrive on Tuesday along with high temperatures in the low to mid 90s. There will be a chance of afternoon scattered showers and storms on Tuesday with the humid air mass in place.
A cold front will then approach the region on Wednesday keeping the threat for more afternoon showers and storms. Highs again will be hot at around 90 degrees. Behind the front a less humid air mass will begin to return on Thursday with highs a bit cooler in the 80s.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Firefighters Battle 4-Alarm Blaze At Sheet Metal Plant In Upper Moreland
- Veterans Affairs Secretary Visits Wilmington VA Medical Center
- Cold Case Cracked, Killer Arrested, Say Camden County Cops
- Honoring Children’s Author Dr. Seuss, NFL Moms Read To Schoolchildren in Germantown
- New Jersey Ends Terrapin Harvest To Protect Turtle Population