By Justin Drabick
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — It was a very pleasant holiday weekend to be outside all across the Delaware Valley. High temperatures were below average on Saturday and near average on Sunday along with very low humidity levels. Changes in our weather pattern will occur this week, bringing back typical July weather.
Southerly wind flow will continue to bring in a hotter and humid air mass into the mid-Atlantic this week. Expect another dry day on Monday with sunshine, but high temperatures return above average around 90 degrees. Humidity levels will continue to rise on Monday but it will still be comfortable.
The real humid air mass will arrive on Tuesday along with high temperatures in the low to mid 90s. There will be a chance of afternoon scattered showers and storms on Tuesday with the humid air mass in place.
A cold front will then approach the region on Wednesday keeping the threat for more afternoon showers and storms. Highs again will be hot at around 90 degrees. Behind the front a less humid air mass will begin to return on Thursday with highs a bit cooler in the 80s.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Hundreds Get Into Holiday Spirit At Annual Ugly Sweater Run
- Pedestrian Struck And Killed In Hit-Run In Delaware County
- Trooper Fatally Shoots Suspect After Being Dragged By Vehicle During Traffic Stop
- Philadelphia SPCA Team Works To Save Dog Severely Injured By Owner
- 3 Cheers: Hall Of Fame Inductee Jon Bon Jovi Never Forgot His Roots