PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Crews are investigating a partial wall and awning collapse at a laundromat in the Kensington section of the city.
The incident happened around 1:50 p.m. at Wash House Laundromat on E. Allegheny Avenue.
A few customers were inside the building at the time of the collapse, but no one was injured. Three cars sustained some damage.
Ben Li, the owner’s son, says, “I stood up and there was just smoke everywhere. So I charged out and my dad came out too. We just checked out what happened.”
An L&I investigator on scene said despite the incident, the building is structurally sound.
The collapse may have been caused by last night’s storms. The business is allowed to reopen once the outside is cleaned up.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- State Police: Woman Hospitalized After Falls Out Of Vehicle Traveling Roughly 60 mph
- 13 Dead, More Than 100 Injured After Van Plows Into Crowd In Barcelona Terror Attack
- Dîner en Blanc Takes Over Popular Philadelphia Park, Makes History
- Florida Woman Accused Of Driving Intoxicated With Child Unrestrained In Backseat
- Motorcyclist Dies In Crash In Camden County