PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Crews are investigating a partial wall and awning collapse at a laundromat in the Kensington section of the city.
The incident happened around 1:50 p.m. at Wash House Laundromat on E. Allegheny Avenue.
A few customers were inside the building at the time of the collapse, but no one was injured. Three cars sustained some damage.
Ben Li, the owner’s son, says, “I stood up and there was just smoke everywhere. So I charged out and my dad came out too. We just checked out what happened.”
An L&I investigator on scene said despite the incident, the building is structurally sound.
The collapse may have been caused by last night’s storms. The business is allowed to reopen once the outside is cleaned up.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Delaware County Hosts 16th Annual Centenarian Luncheon
- Borgata Designing New Venue For Sports Betting
- Some Philadelphia Researchers Are Using Microbubbles To Improve Cancer Treatments
- Southwest Crew Describes How Faith Pulled Them Through Chaos After Jet Engine Explosion
- Study: Young Women More Likely To Get Lung Cancer