Partial Wall Collapse At Kensington Laundromat
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Crews are investigating a partial wall and awning collapse at a laundromat in the Kensington section of the city.
The incident happened around 1:50 p.m. at Wash House Laundromat on E. Allegheny Avenue.
A few customers were inside the building at the time of the collapse, but no one was injured. Three cars sustained some damage.
Ben Li, the owner’s son, says, “I stood up and there was just smoke everywhere. So I charged out and my dad came out too. We just checked out what happened.”
An L&I investigator on scene said despite the incident, the building is structurally sound.
The collapse may have been caused by last night’s storms. The business is allowed to reopen once the outside is cleaned up.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Two State Agencies Partner To Improve Notifications To Sex Crimes Victims
- Women Due To Give Birth During Papal Visit Frustrated With Lack Of Information
- All New Jersey Troopers To Get Body Cameras Within A Year
- New Jersey Community Using Fish To Curb Mosquito Problem
- Cops: 2-State Chase Began Over Warrant For Stolen Underwear