Partial Wall Collapse At Kensington Laundromat
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Crews are investigating a partial wall and awning collapse at a laundromat in the Kensington section of the city.
The incident happened around 1:50 p.m. at Wash House Laundromat on E. Allegheny Avenue.
A few customers were inside the building at the time of the collapse, but no one was injured. Three cars sustained some damage.
Ben Li, the owner’s son, says, “I stood up and there was just smoke everywhere. So I charged out and my dad came out too. We just checked out what happened.”
An L&I investigator on scene said despite the incident, the building is structurally sound.
The collapse may have been caused by last night’s storms. The business is allowed to reopen once the outside is cleaned up.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Plenty Of Rooms Still Vacant For Visitors Coming To See Pope
- Chester Upland Teachers And Support Staff Vote To Work Without Pay
- Camden Native Hopes For Chance To Be Sign Language Interpreter For Pope’s Visit
- Protecting Your Eyes From Auto-Play Features On Social Media
- Police: Young Boy Killed In Accident On Chester County Farm