PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Plan on indulging in a cocktail or two over the holiday weekend? Depending on how it is made, it may contain much more alcohol than you think.
The National Institutes of Health is offering a solution. It has an online calculator to measure how much alcohol really is in that margarita you may be sipping on.
According to the NIH, a normal drink is the amount of alcohol in a 12 ounce beer or 5 ounces of wine. However, with cocktails and mixed drinks, the use of multiple ingredients make it more difficult to get an exact measure.
So, if you’re looking to check how much alcohol is in your favorite drink, simply type it in here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Python Bites Thai Man’s Penis In Terrifying Toilet Encounter
- Study: Six Hour Workdays Make Workers Happier, More Efficient
- Researchers: Some Pains Can Be Caused By “Dormant Butt Syndrome”
- Born In ’97, World’s First Surviving Septuplets Graduate High School
- Detroit Police Department Calls Out Philly Police To Running Man Challenge