PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Plan on indulging in a cocktail or two over the holiday weekend? Depending on how it is made, it may contain much more alcohol than you think.
The National Institutes of Health is offering a solution. It has an online calculator to measure how much alcohol really is in that margarita you may be sipping on.
According to the NIH, a normal drink is the amount of alcohol in a 12 ounce beer or 5 ounces of wine. However, with cocktails and mixed drinks, the use of multiple ingredients make it more difficult to get an exact measure.
So, if you’re looking to check how much alcohol is in your favorite drink, simply type it in here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Samsung Unveils First New Flagship Phones Since Exploding Phone Debacle
- Rattlesnake Bites Florida Boy Who Mistook It For A Toy
- Sheriff: 2 Accused Of Trying To Sell A Baby Online For $3K
- Experimental Technology Allowing Quadriplegic Patient To Move Using Brain
- Crayola To Retire Color From Its 24-Crayon Box