PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Plan on indulging in a cocktail or two over the holiday weekend? Depending on how it is made, it may contain much more alcohol than you think.
The National Institutes of Health is offering a solution. It has an online calculator to measure how much alcohol really is in that margarita you may be sipping on.
According to the NIH, a normal drink is the amount of alcohol in a 12 ounce beer or 5 ounces of wine. However, with cocktails and mixed drinks, the use of multiple ingredients make it more difficult to get an exact measure.
So, if you’re looking to check how much alcohol is in your favorite drink, simply type it in here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Foreign Tick Found In New Jersey Could Pose Serious Threat To Humans
- Bill Cosby Retrial: Jury Adjourns For The Night, Deliberations Continue Thursday
- Texas Man Sentenced To 50 Years In Prison For Stealing Over $1 Million Worth Of Fajitas
- Audi Issues Recall Of More Than 1 Million Cars Worldwide
- Seal Rescued After Being Caught Napping Near Amusement Park In Delaware