Online Alcohol Calculator Measures How Strong That Cocktail Really Is
CBS Philly (con't)
Affordable Care Act Updates: CBSPhilly.com/ACA
Health News & Information: CBSPhilly.com/Health
Get Breaking News First
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Plan on indulging in a cocktail or two over the holiday weekend? Depending on how it is made, it may contain much more alcohol than you think.
The National Institutes of Health is offering a solution. It has an online calculator to measure how much alcohol really is in that margarita you may be sipping on.
According to the NIH, a normal drink is the amount of alcohol in a 12 ounce beer or 5 ounces of wine. However, with cocktails and mixed drinks, the use of multiple ingredients make it more difficult to get an exact measure.
So, if you’re looking to check how much alcohol is in your favorite drink, simply type it in here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Hackers Leak Hundreds Of Nude Celebrity Photos Online, Causing Many To Worry About Privacy
- 2 Injured After Boat Strikes Mystery Object In Schuylkill River
- Just In Time For Made In America, Young Cancer Patient At CHOP Covers Jay Z In Hopes Of Meeting The Rapper
- 3 Philadelphia Creations On List Of America’s 15 Most Outrageous Foods
- Controversial Toronto Mayor Dances His Troubles Away