Online Alcohol Calculator Measures How Strong That Cocktail Really Is
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Plan on indulging in a cocktail or two over the holiday weekend? Depending on how it is made, it may contain much more alcohol than you think.
The National Institutes of Health is offering a solution. It has an online calculator to measure how much alcohol really is in that margarita you may be sipping on.
According to the NIH, a normal drink is the amount of alcohol in a 12 ounce beer or 5 ounces of wine. However, with cocktails and mixed drinks, the use of multiple ingredients make it more difficult to get an exact measure.
So, if you’re looking to check how much alcohol is in your favorite drink, simply type it in here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Study: Why Does Cheap Wine Taste Better If We Think It’s Expensive?
- Consumers Plan To Spend More On Mom This Mother’s Day
- Ex-Christie Allies Plead Not Guilty In Bridge Scandal Case
- Bud Light: Sorry For Saying It Removes ‘No’ From Vocabulary
- After Massive Quake In Nepal, Pa. AG Warns Consumers To Be Wary Of Charity Scams