VOORHEES, N.J. (CBS) — A fire ripped through the roof of a Voorhees, New Jersey apartment complex Wednesday night, leaving dozens without a place to stay.
The fire started at about 10 p.m. at The Club at Main Street luxury apartment complex on Berwyn Court.
“I heard an explosion-like noise and then I saw the embers flying. I believe it was lightning,” resident Ann Genovese said.
Firefighters were able to place the fire under control in a short amount of time.
A firefighter was taken to nearby Virtua Voorhees Hospital as a precaution for treatment. There were no reports of any injuries to residents.
A total of 17 units were affected.
Nine adults and five children were provided food, clothing and shelter by the Red Cross.
Officials are investigating whether or not lightning was the cause.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police Chief: Media Not Reporting Race Of Man Police Stopped From Committing Suicide In Abington
- Congress Overrides Obama’s Veto Of Sept. 11 Bill
- Father Of Bucks County 2-Year-Old Who Accidentally Shot Himself, Facing Charges
- Coroner: Students’ Injuries In Shooting Not Life-Threatening
- Michelle Obama Stumps For Clinton At La Salle University