Fire Damages Voorhees Apartment Complex; Lightning Eyed As Possible Cause
VOORHEES, N.J. (CBS) — A fire ripped through the roof of a Voorhees, New Jersey apartment complex Wednesday night, leaving dozens without a place to stay.
The fire started at about 10 p.m. at The Club at Main Street luxury apartment complex on Berwyn Court.
“I heard an explosion-like noise and then I saw the embers flying. I believe it was lightning,” resident Ann Genovese said.
Firefighters were able to place the fire under control in a short amount of time.
A firefighter was taken to nearby Virtua Voorhees Hospital as a precaution for treatment. There were no reports of any injuries to residents.
A total of 17 units were affected.
Nine adults and five children were provided food, clothing and shelter by the Red Cross.
Officials are investigating whether or not lightning was the cause.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Jury Selection Continues For Trial Of Montco Man Accused Of Murdering Infant And Her Grandmother
- New Addition To Terror Behind The Walls At Eastern State Penitentiary
- Governor Christie Blasts Bridgegate Investigative Committee
- 2 Officers Suffer Minor Injuries In Barricade Situation In South Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania State Trooper Killed In Ambush Laid To Rest