OCEAN CITY, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities in Ocean City believe a body found floating in the water south of the Ocean City-Longport bridge is that of a teen that went missing on Sunday. (See Previous Story)
The recovered body is believed to be Corinthian “Cory” Hammond. He was reported missing on June 29 after a water rescue incident by the 900 block of the beach in Ocean City.
Fourteen swimmers were rescued by the Ocean City Fire Department, lifeguards and police on Sunday.
After about 20 hours of searching more than 20 square miles surrounding the area of 9th Street, the Coast Guard suspended the search for Hammond around 4 p.m. Monday.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Southwest Crew Describes How Faith Pulled Them Through Chaos After Jet Engine Explosion
- Study: Young Women More Likely To Get Lung Cancer
- What Happened To Pennsylvania’s Promise Of Property Tax Relief From More Than Decade Ago?
- Family Questioning Why Man Accused Of Gunning Down Girlfriend Was Previously Out On Bail
- AAA: More Than 41.5 Million Americans Will Travel This Memorial Day Weekend