Body Discovered In Water Believed To Be Missing Teen
OCEAN CITY, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities in Ocean City believe a body found floating in the water south of the Ocean City-Longport bridge is that of a teen that went missing on Sunday. (See Previous Story)
The recovered body is believed to be Corinthian “Cory” Hammond. He was reported missing on June 29 after a water rescue incident by the 900 block of the beach in Ocean City.
Fourteen swimmers were rescued by the Ocean City Fire Department, lifeguards and police on Sunday.
After about 20 hours of searching more than 20 square miles surrounding the area of 9th Street, the Coast Guard suspended the search for Hammond around 4 p.m. Monday.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Pa. Agency Ruling Could Mean Home-Delivered Beer
- Hundreds Gather For Rally To Support Police In Northeast Philadelphia
- Police Files Charges In Alleged False Report During Bradley Stone Search
- Police Deliver Holiday Meals To Families In Camden
- Investigation Underway After Hackers Attack Pine Forge Academy, Demand A Million Dollars