OCEAN CITY, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities in Ocean City believe a body found floating in the water south of the Ocean City-Longport bridge is that of a teen that went missing on Sunday. (See Previous Story)
The recovered body is believed to be Corinthian “Cory” Hammond. He was reported missing on June 29 after a water rescue incident by the 900 block of the beach in Ocean City.
Fourteen swimmers were rescued by the Ocean City Fire Department, lifeguards and police on Sunday.
After about 20 hours of searching more than 20 square miles surrounding the area of 9th Street, the Coast Guard suspended the search for Hammond around 4 p.m. Monday.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Mom Spurs Marijuana-Autism Study In Philadelphia
- NJ Govenor-Elect’s Choice For Attorney General Gets Support From Christie
- Schmidt: Could Be ‘Tens of Thousands’ Of Non-Citizens Who Registered To Vote In Pennsylvania
- Fabric Workshop And Museum Puts 40 Years Of Own History On Display
- ‘Tow 4 Tots’ Delivers Holiday Cheer To Needy Children In Philadelphia