OCEAN CITY, N.J. (CBS) – Authorities in Ocean City believe a body found floating in the water south of the Ocean City-Longport bridge is that of a teen that went missing on Sunday. (See Previous Story)
The recovered body is believed to be Corinthian “Cory” Hammond. He was reported missing on June 29 after a water rescue incident by the 900 block of the beach in Ocean City.
Fourteen swimmers were rescued by the Ocean City Fire Department, lifeguards and police on Sunday.
After about 20 hours of searching more than 20 square miles surrounding the area of 9th Street, the Coast Guard suspended the search for Hammond around 4 p.m. Monday.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- School Officials Report Shooting At Maryland High School
- 2 Men Killed In Southwest Philadelphia Shooting
- 4 Sentenced In Dog Fighting Ring That Operated Across US, Including New Jersey
- Package Bomb Explodes At FedEx In Texas; 1 Hurt
- Tractor-Trailer Carrying 50K Pounds Of Frozen Turkeys Overturns On Route 30