Woman Arrested After Biting Officer Outside Northeast Philly Bar
By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest after she allegedly bit a police officer outside a Northeast Philadelphia bar early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 3 a.m. outside the Sheffield Tavern on Sheffield Street in the city’s Holmesburg section.
According to investigators, a group of females were trying to gain entry to the bar, but were denied.
Police were called to the scene and when officers arrived, they encountered the group of females.
During the course of the investigation, a scuffle began and during that altercation, investigators say a female bit an officer in the leg.
The female, who was not immediately identified, was taken into custody and is facing charges.
The officer’s injuries are not considered serious.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- CDC: 150 Possibly Had Contact With Lassa Fever Victim
- United States’ First Adult Toy Vending Machine Coming To Philadelphia
- AAA Report: Teenage Drivers Up The Risks On The Road
- Is Rent Out Of Reach? Study Shows How 11 US Cities Stack Up
- Study Finds Almost 20 Percent Of Female College Freshmen Victims Of Attempted Rape