By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest after she allegedly bit a police officer outside a Northeast Philadelphia bar early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 3 a.m. outside the Sheffield Tavern on Sheffield Street in the city’s Holmesburg section.
According to investigators, a group of females were trying to gain entry to the bar, but were denied.
Police were called to the scene and when officers arrived, they encountered the group of females.
During the course of the investigation, a scuffle began and during that altercation, investigators say a female bit an officer in the leg.
The female, who was not immediately identified, was taken into custody and is facing charges.
The officer’s injuries are not considered serious.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- HBO Biopic Starring Al Pacino As Penn State’s Joe Paterno Premieres April 7
- Fashion House Selling Luxury Plastic Bag For Hundreds Of Dollars
- Threats Against Several Schools In New Jersey, Pennsylvania Lead To Arrests
- Woman Apprehended After Vehicle Hits Security Barrier Near White House
- 5 Charged With Theft For Bogus Superstorm Sandy Aid Claims