Woman Arrested After Biting Officer Outside Northeast Philly Bar
By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest after she allegedly bit a police officer outside a Northeast Philadelphia bar early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 3 a.m. outside the Sheffield Tavern on Sheffield Street in the city’s Holmesburg section.
According to investigators, a group of females were trying to gain entry to the bar, but were denied.
Police were called to the scene and when officers arrived, they encountered the group of females.
During the course of the investigation, a scuffle began and during that altercation, investigators say a female bit an officer in the leg.
The female, who was not immediately identified, was taken into custody and is facing charges.
The officer’s injuries are not considered serious.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Study: A College Staple Could Apparently Kill You
- Del. Daycare Provider Charged After Allegedly Leaving 2 Children Inside Car While She Went Shopping
- Owner Charged After 2 Donkeys Found Dumped Off The Road In New Jersey
- Lyft Gets Pa. Regulatory Nod…Except In Philly
- New Monmouth University Poll Finds ‘Deep Racial Divide’ On Alleged Racism In The Judicial Process