By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A woman is under arrest after she allegedly bit a police officer outside a Northeast Philadelphia bar early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 3 a.m. outside the Sheffield Tavern on Sheffield Street in the city’s Holmesburg section.
According to investigators, a group of females were trying to gain entry to the bar, but were denied.
Police were called to the scene and when officers arrived, they encountered the group of females.
During the course of the investigation, a scuffle began and during that altercation, investigators say a female bit an officer in the leg.
The female, who was not immediately identified, was taken into custody and is facing charges.
The officer’s injuries are not considered serious.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Man Charged With Burglary After Being Stuck In Pizzeria Vent
- Parts Of Hawaii Could See Up To Foot Of Snow
- Virginia School District Pulls ‘To Kill A Mockingbird,’ ‘The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn’ From Classrooms Over N-Word In Books
- For Environmental Dogs, Sniffing Out Doody Is Their Duty In South Jersey
- Police: Teen Boy Who Fatally Shot Mother, Young Brother Tried To Blame His Father