PHILADELPHIA, PA (CBS) — The 2014 MLB All Star Game will feature a new twist. Each player in the game will be donning team specific caps.
The hats will pay homage to the 1970’s Minnesota Twins. The Twins are the hosts of this year’s game and the hats are designed in the style of the team’s old helmets.
You can see the Phillies version of the hat below in a tweet from Paul Lukas of UniWatch.
The hats will also feature the official logo for the 2014 MLB All Star Game. The caps will be on sale beginning July 3rd at Lids locations. They are now available for purchase online.
According to MLB rules, every team will be represented in the All Star Game each year so fans will at least get to see one player in the Phillies version of the cap.
Signs are pointing to Chase Utley representing the team as he has a solid lead in fan votes over Pittsburgh’s Neil Walker.
What do you think of the Phillies’ version of the hat?
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Joel Embiid Responds After Skip Bayless Tweets Cowboys’ QB Outplayed Aaron Rodgers
- Villanova Jumps Kansas, Moves Back To No. 1 In AP Poll
- Steelers Hold Off Chiefs On Boswell’s 6 Field Goals, 18-16
- Price’s Hot Hand Helps La Salle Drop G Washington 79-69
- Packers Beat Cowboys; Advance To NFC Championship