Report: Sixers And Rockets Discussing Deal For Jeremy Lin
PHILADELPHIA, PA (CBS) — According to a report from Liberty Ballers, the Sixers and Rockets are discussing a trade that will send point guard Jeremy Lin to Philadelphia. The Rockets are in the midst of trying to lure Carmelo Anthony to Houston and will more than likely need to shed Lin’s contract to make room for Anthony on the books.
Lin is due to make $8.37 million next season and the Sixers could afford to take his deal off the Rockets’ hands without a strong financial commitment.
The Sixers would also be in position to demand extra assets from Houston to take Lin from them. The Rockets are waiting to see if they are viable contenders for Anthony’s services.
Anthony visited the Rockets on Wednesday and was greeted by several images of him in a number “7” Rockets jersey. That number currently belongs to Lin.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Cavaliers Sweep Hawks, LeBron James To Make Fifth Straight Finals Appearance
- Phillies Waste Comeback Effort, Fall To Mets In Extra Innings
- Mets Fans Go Too Far, Dress Phanatic In Mets Gear
- Jeremy Maclin Happy To Reunite With Andy Reid On The Field
- Sixers Announce Open Audition Details For Sixers Dancers