Report: Sixers And Rockets Discussing Deal For Jeremy Lin
PHILADELPHIA, PA (CBS) — According to a report from Liberty Ballers, the Sixers and Rockets are discussing a trade that will send point guard Jeremy Lin to Philadelphia. The Rockets are in the midst of trying to lure Carmelo Anthony to Houston and will more than likely need to shed Lin’s contract to make room for Anthony on the books.
Lin is due to make $8.37 million next season and the Sixers could afford to take his deal off the Rockets’ hands without a strong financial commitment.
The Sixers would also be in position to demand extra assets from Houston to take Lin from them. The Rockets are waiting to see if they are viable contenders for Anthony’s services.
Anthony visited the Rockets on Wednesday and was greeted by several images of him in a number “7” Rockets jersey. That number currently belongs to Lin.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Thursday Night Fantasy Starters: Titans’ Bishop Sankey And Jaguars’ Allen Hurns
- Fletcher Cox Ranked 10th Best Defensive Player
- Eagles Chances To Make Playoffs About 40-Percent
- CBS Sports’ Steve Beuerlein Talks Titans Vs. Jaguars On Thursday Night Football
- Governor Christie On 94WIP Morning Show: ‘Eagles Fans Were Yelling Unspeakable Things At Me’