Report: Claude Giroux Arrested For “Grabbing Male Police Officer’s Buttocks”
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Claude Giroux was arrested Tuesday night according to the Ottawa Sun. A source told the Ottawa Sun Giroux was “repeatedly grabbing the buttocks of a male police officer” and alcohol is believed to be involved.
Several sources confirmed to the Sun that Giroux spent Tuesday night in jail and he is expected to be released without any criminal charges.
Flyers general manager Ron Hextall says he is aware of the reports regarding Claude Giroux.
Update: 7:45am on Thursday, July 3rd
The Ottawa Sun reports Giroux will not be charged and he is expected to make a $20,000 donation to charity.
This picture of Giroux getting arrested is floating around the interwebs:
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Flyers Handle Penguins In 4-1 Victory
- SJ Prep Product Steve Vasturia Had An Impressive NCAA Tourney Run With Notre Dame
- Sixers Drop Fourth Straight Game In Loss To Wizards, 106-93
- Jon Runyan: ‘I Still Don’t Get The Nick Foles’ Trade
- Sixers Pull Off April Fools’ Joke With Nerlens Noel’s Flat Top