PHILADELPHIA, PA (CBS) — The Phillies made a rash of transactions today, including a move involving outfielder Domonic Brown.
The team placed Brown on the paternity leave list. To replace Brown, the Phillies recalled outfield Aaron Altherr from double-A reading.
Right-hander Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez has been activated from the team’s 60-day disabled list and optioned to double-A reading and right-hander Mike Adams will take Gonzalez’s spot on the list as he has been transferred to the 60-day disabled list.
Finally, catcher Wil Nieves will be assigned to the Gulf Coast League Phillies to begin a rehab stint with the club.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Villanova’s Wright, Sixers’ Brown Formed Friendship In West Bank
- Former Steelers Polamalu, Ward To Help Launch New Football League
- South Jersey’s Own Mike Trout Graces Cover Of Sports Illustrated
- Program Helps 6-Foot-8, 360-Pound College Football Prospect Get Tuxedo For Prom
- Covington: Hinkie’s Moves ‘Got Us To Where We Are Now’