PHILADELPHIA, PA (CBS) — The Phillies made a rash of transactions today, including a move involving outfielder Domonic Brown.
The team placed Brown on the paternity leave list. To replace Brown, the Phillies recalled outfield Aaron Altherr from double-A reading.
Right-hander Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez has been activated from the team’s 60-day disabled list and optioned to double-A reading and right-hander Mike Adams will take Gonzalez’s spot on the list as he has been transferred to the 60-day disabled list.
Finally, catcher Wil Nieves will be assigned to the Gulf Coast League Phillies to begin a rehab stint with the club.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- NFL Owners Decide Players On Field Must Stand During National Anthem
- Phillies To Celebrate 25th Anniversary Of 1993 National League Champion Team In June
- Albies Goes Deep, McCarthy And Braves Beat Phillies 3-1
- Brian Dawkins Stepping Down From Full-Time Role In Eagles Front Office
- Eagles Release Linebacker Mychal Kendricks