PHILADELPHIA, PA (CBS) — The Phillies made a rash of transactions today, including a move involving outfielder Domonic Brown.
The team placed Brown on the paternity leave list. To replace Brown, the Phillies recalled outfield Aaron Altherr from double-A reading.
Right-hander Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez has been activated from the team’s 60-day disabled list and optioned to double-A reading and right-hander Mike Adams will take Gonzalez’s spot on the list as he has been transferred to the 60-day disabled list.
Finally, catcher Wil Nieves will be assigned to the Gulf Coast League Phillies to begin a rehab stint with the club.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Die-Hard Eagles Fans Share Their Game Day Superstitions
- Philly Police Issue Business, Parking Restrictions Ahead Of NFC Championship Game
- ‘It’s No Joke Down In Philly’: Minnesota Travel Agents Warn Vikings Fans About Philadelphia
- Historic Philly Flag Shop Shows Off Eagles Creations
- ‘I’m Praying For You’: Wentz Sends Uplifting Video To Young Eagles Fan Battling Cancer