CHESTER, Pa. (CBS) — Police say three adults and two teens were wounded in an overnight shooting in Chester, Delaware County.
The gunfire erupted around 12:10 a.m. Wednesday near 9th and Tilghman Streets, sending a crowd of people at a nearby basketball court running for cover.
Authorities say a 14-year-old girl was shot in the foot. A 14-year-old boy was struck in the leg. Two men, ages 20 and 31, also suffered gunshot wounds to the leg. A 35-year-old man was struck in the back and leg.
All were rushed to Crozer-Chester Medical Center in stable condition.
Investigators say it’s unclear what led to the shooting.
Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying the gunman. Anyone with information is urged to call Chester Detectives at 610-447-8433.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Burlington County Man Accused Of Fatally Stabbing Woman Behind Vacant Store
- American Celebrating Wedding Among Those Killed In Spain Attacks
- Patrons Urged To Return Counterfeit Eclipse Glasses Distributed By Delaware County Library
- Trump’s Chief Strategist Steve Bannon Out At White House
- Workers Who Helped Officer Under Attack Recognized In Washington Twp.