5 Injured When Gunman Opens Fire On Crowd In Chester
CHESTER, Pa. (CBS) — Police say three adults and two teens were wounded in an overnight shooting in Chester, Delaware County.
The gunfire erupted around 12:10 a.m. Wednesday near 9th and Tilghman Streets, sending a crowd of people at a nearby basketball court running for cover.
Authorities say a 14-year-old girl was shot in the foot. A 14-year-old boy was struck in the leg. Two men, ages 20 and 31, also suffered gunshot wounds to the leg. A 35-year-old man was struck in the back and leg.
All were rushed to Crozer-Chester Medical Center in stable condition.
Investigators say it’s unclear what led to the shooting.
Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying the gunman. Anyone with information is urged to call Chester Detectives at 610-447-8433.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Phillies to Begin Metal-Detector Screening of Every Ticketholder at Citizens Bank Park
- Councilman Pushes To Increase Valet Parking Zones For Night Clubs Along Delaware Ave.
- Oh, The Irony: Easter Egg Cookies Sold In Pa. Voluntarily Recalled For Containing Eggs
- Phila. Lawmakers Move To Tighten Enforcement of Boot-and-Tow Parking Regulations
- Del. Man Arrested For 2 Violent Crimes, Including Alleged Assault On Elderly Woman