CHESTER, Pa. (CBS) — Police say three adults and two teens were wounded in an overnight shooting in Chester, Delaware County.
The gunfire erupted around 12:10 a.m. Wednesday near 9th and Tilghman Streets, sending a crowd of people at a nearby basketball court running for cover.
Authorities say a 14-year-old girl was shot in the foot. A 14-year-old boy was struck in the leg. Two men, ages 20 and 31, also suffered gunshot wounds to the leg. A 35-year-old man was struck in the back and leg.
All were rushed to Crozer-Chester Medical Center in stable condition.
Investigators say it’s unclear what led to the shooting.
Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying the gunman. Anyone with information is urged to call Chester Detectives at 610-447-8433.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- At Least 9 People Injured In Upper Chichester Fire
- From Barriers To Building Blocks: A KYW Newsradio Original Web Documentary
- Philly Police Issue Business, Parking Restrictions Ahead Of NFC Championship Game
- ‘Come Get In’: Police Searching For Suspicious Driver Who Allegedly Approached 3 Kids Leaving School
- Philly Woman Taking Vintage Eagles Material And Giving It New Life