5 Injured When Gunman Opens Fire On Crowd In Chester
CHESTER, Pa. (CBS) — Police say three adults and two teens were wounded in an overnight shooting in Chester, Delaware County.
The gunfire erupted around 12:10 a.m. Wednesday near 9th and Tilghman Streets, sending a crowd of people at a nearby basketball court running for cover.
Authorities say a 14-year-old girl was shot in the foot. A 14-year-old boy was struck in the leg. Two men, ages 20 and 31, also suffered gunshot wounds to the leg. A 35-year-old man was struck in the back and leg.
All were rushed to Crozer-Chester Medical Center in stable condition.
Investigators say it’s unclear what led to the shooting.
Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying the gunman. Anyone with information is urged to call Chester Detectives at 610-447-8433.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Laser Scans Being Used To Create 3D Virtual Tour Of The Battleship New Jersey
- Collaboration Between Montco School District And PSU Will Result In Fields For Student Athletes And Community
- PATCO Station Closed For 35 Years May Come Alive Again
- 2 Local Youth Tennis Players Will Be Rubbing Elbows With The Pros At The US Open
- Book Argues Many Founding Fathers Were Secretly Deists Rather Than Christians