PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — LeBron James, one of the most polarizing sports figures in America, was ranked as the second most powerful celebrity by Forbes.com on Monday, behind only Beyoncé.
James, the two-time NBA champion and four-time NBA Most Valuable Player, recently announced he is opting out of his contract with the Miami Heat. According to Forbes, King James made approximately $72 million last year. James has endorsement deals with Nike, McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, Upper Deck, just to new a few. James also owns a portion of the headphone company Beats By Dre, which recently sold to Apple for $3 billion.
Dr. Dre was ranked the third most powerful celebrity, with Oprah Winfrey and Ellen DeGeneres rounding out the top five. The next highest ranked celebrity athlete is Floyd Mayweather Jr. at No. 7, while Kobe Byrant is ranked No. 15.
The Eagles came in as the 27th most powerful celebrity. The band, not the football team guys.
Full list here.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Police: Man Assaults Police Horse After Being Ejected From Eagles Game
- Odds Of Eagles Making It To The Super Bowl? Experts Weigh In
- Ticket Experts Say ‘Slim Availability’ For Eagles NFC Championship Game
- Post Snap With Malcolm Jenkins: ‘We’re The Most Complete Team’ Left
- Simone Biles Alleges Former USA Team Doctor Larry Nassar Sexually Abused Her