By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Quaker School For Students With Learning Disabilities Adds Lower Grade Program
- No Philly Accent, But Smokey Bear Has Some Local Roots
- NJ Business Cautiously Optimistic About 2017
- WEATHER BLOG: Stronger Arctic Blast Approaching
- Local Effort To Help Older Adults Reduce Risk Of Loneliness
- North Philly Non-Profit Hands Out Grants To Nearly Two Dozen Non-Profits, Benefiting Community
- Netanyahu: Trump Feels ‘Very Warmly’ About Israel
- Philadelphia Officials Craft Case For Long-Term Army-Navy Bid
- Supporters Of Mumia Abu-Jamal Protest His Medical Treatment In State Prison
- Green Party Candidate Jill Stein Petitions For PA Recount, Days Before Federal Deadline