By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Parents Awarded Tens Of Millions Of Dollars In Newborn’s Disfigurement Case
- ‘No Life Left In Her’: Teen Girl Dies From Injuries Sustained In Maryland School Shooting
- Broadway’s Hit ‘Hamilton’ Is Coming To Philly; Ticket Packages On Sale Now
- US Postal Service Immortalizes Mister Rogers With A Forever Stamp
- Philly Wine Week Returns For Fourth Year
- Craigslist Shuts Down Its Personals Section
- Newly Renovated Penguin Park Exhibit Opens Saturday At Adventure Aquarium
- Penn State Frat Brothers Charged In Pledge’s Death No Shows For Court Hearing
- Philly Has 2nd Snowiest March On Record; More Chances For Snow This Month?
- Police: Part Of Arch Street In Center City Reopens After Witnesses See Person Enter Tunnel