By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Police: Officer Dorman Likely Released From Hospital Monday
- Woman Fatally Shot In Chest With Crossbow In Northeast Philly
- Taxpayer Group Says Fattah Should Lose Pension
- Weekend Box Office Report: Dory Stays Afloat
- Community Meeting Over Water Quality Concerns Could Lead To Lawsuits
- New I-95 Weight Restrictions During The DNC
- Philly Summer Meals Program Helps Students During Break
- End Of A 3-Year Long Detour In Sight For Montco Residents
- Phillies Host First Ever Yoga Day
- Pope Says Christians Should Apologize To Gay People