Local Museums Showcasing Their Art On Instagram
By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- CBS 3 Photographer’s Extraordinary Journey From Baghdad To Philadelphia
- James Gandolfini To Be Inducted Into NJ Hall Of Fame
- Search Continues For Missing Jersey Shore Boater
- Bacon Lovers Flock To Eakins Oval For Second Annual Baconfest In Philadelphia
- Police Search For 2 Bodies In Delaware County Park
- Police: 3-Year-Old Girl Killed, 3 Adults Injured In Grays Ferry Shooting
- Concerns Of Local Residents With Loved Ones In The Middle East Grow As Conflict Escalates
- Burglary Spree Has Residents On High Alert In Several Burlington County Towns
- This Year’s Free Summer STEM Camp For Local Students May Be Its Last
- Growing Outrage Over Stalled Cigarette Tax Meant To Help Philadelphia Schools