Local Museums Showcasing Their Art On Instagram
By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Little League Girls Softball Teams Have Big Plans For Beat Up Field In Camden
- Center City Wall Now Stands To Honor Phillies History
- Millennials Sought In Contest To Cover Upcoming Papal Visit
- NJ’s Largest Teachers Union Supports Sweeney’s Proposal To Push For Federal Loans To Help State Pension Plans
- Weather Blog: Blue Moon Rises Tonight
- As Preparations Continue For Pope Francis’ Visit To Philadelphia, Questions Remain
- Young Mother Shot And Killed In Port Richmond Home
- PennDOT To Close I-76 East Ramp To Spring Garden Street For Concrete Repair
- Family Of Technology Executive Killed In Train Derailment Files Lawsuit
- 68-Year-Old Man Seriously Injured After Collision With Another Cyclist While Riding Bike