By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Panera To Hire 10,000 As It Expands Delivery Service
- NFL Draft In Philly Will Be Playground For Football Fans
- Group Of Nuns Being Forced To Relocate From Delaware County Convent
- Man Fulfills Lifelong Dream of Becoming Firefighter On 97th Birthday
- Philly Police: Teen Shot In The Eye By His Best Friend
- Father of Survivalist Who Killed Trooper Says He Failed Son
- City Prepared For Convergence Of Penn Relays, NFL Draft
- Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal Has Hearing In Hopes To Overturn Previously Denied Appeals
- Google Cofounder’s ‘Flying Car’ Makes Its Debut
- How A Plastic-Munching Caterpillar Could Help Save The Earth