By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- South Shore Recalls Chest Of Drawers Due To Tip-Over Hazard
- Pennsylvania Senate Passes ‘Clean Slate’ Legislation
- Day 7 Of Testimony In Seth Williams Trial Focuses On Campaign Finances
- Philly Zoo’s Newest Baby Gorilla Gets A Name
- Montgomery County Woman Sentenced In Overdose Death Of 2-Year-Old Daughter
- 2-Year-Old Boy Struck By Tractor In South Jersey: Police
- Governor Wolf Signs Animal Cruelty Prevention Bill
- Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House Prepares For Major Expansion
- From Africa To Philly, Refugee Never Stopped Chasing Dream Of Graduating
- ‘Kill A Cop, Save A Life’ Graffiti Tagged Onto Philly Building