By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Research Suggests Dogs Can Sense When We’re Being Mean
- Weather: Warm Stretch To Get Even Warmer As Week Goes On
- Man Arrested, Charged With Attempted Murder After VFW Shooting In South Jersey
- PA Lawmakers Tangle Over Allegations of Election Fraud
- Projections For First Soda Tax Collection
- Preventing Tooth Decay In Children
- Police Say Knife Wielding Man Charged After Cape May County Dollar Store Brawl
- Panama Canal Expansion Leads To Delaware River Cargo Boom
- Blind 12-Year-Old Boy Drafted To Rowan Swim Team
- 90-Year-Old Man Shares Passion For Ice Skating