By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Philly Coffee Shop Selling ‘Sh*thole Blend’ To Help Local Immigrants
- Wolf Visits Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House After Approving $1M Expansion Grant
- Road Crews Preparing For Latest Blast Of Winter
- Authorities Use Rape Suspect’s DNA To Create Composite Illustration
- CBS News: UPenn Student Stabbed Up To 20 Times In California Park
- Former USA Gymnastics Doctor’s Victims Recount Sex Abuse As Young Gymnasts
- Delaware State And Local Officials Sued Over Education Funding
- Nephew Accused Of Killing Aunt, Her Husband At Pocono Mountains Home
- Dunkin’ Donuts Unveils New Look Of Stores
- Nestle Selling Nearly $3 Billion Worth Of US Candy Brands To Nutella Company