By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Temple University Searches For People Involved In Writing Racial Slur And Symbol In Snow
- Crews Battle Three Alarm Fire In Cumberland County
- Hundreds Gather For Annual African American Children’s Book Fair In Center City
- Montco Officials Seek Man Who May Have Been Exposed To Rabies
- Chinese New Year Celebration Takes Over Reading Terminal Market
- Family, Community Mourn Norristown Boy Killed Trying To Rescue Dad From Fire
- Former NJ Parking Facility Manager Gets Prison Term For Theft
- 2 Men Found Guilty Of Sex Trafficking By Force At Philly Strip Club
- Lowest Price For Super Bowl Ticket Is $3,000, Company Says
- Senator Casey Campaigning In New Hampshire For Hillary Clinton