Local Museums Showcasing Their Art On Instagram
By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Laser Scans Being Used To Create 3D Virtual Tour Of The Battleship New Jersey
- Collaboration Between Montco School District And PSU Will Result In Fields For Student Athletes And Community
- PATCO Station Closed For 35 Years May Come Alive Again
- 2 Local Youth Tennis Players Will Be Rubbing Elbows With The Pros At The US Open
- Book Argues Many Founding Fathers Were Secretly Deists Rather Than Christians
- Man Critical After Shooting Inside Germantown Home
- Friend Of Man Reportedly Shot By Homeowner In Frankford Says Incident Was ‘Big Misunderstanding’
- One Dead After Shooting In Juniata
- Old City Restaurant Named The Second Best In The Country By Bon Appetit Magazine
- Business Owners Seeing Red After Diner en Blanc