Local Museums Showcasing Their Art On Instagram
By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Innocent Bystander In Stable Condition After Suffering Gunshot Wound From Gunfight
- NJ State Trooper Dies After Hitting A Deer In Monmouth County
- Food Bank Of South Jersey Celebrates Its 30th Anniversary
- City Council Discusses Why Cursive Handwriting Isn’t Mandatory In School District
- Accident Involving Tractor Trailer On I-476 In Delaware County
- Famous Chef And Author Praises “Camden” Cheesesteak
- Police: Baby Found In Duffel Bag In West Philadelphia
- Sources: Person Of Interest Being Questioned In South Philadelphia Sexual Assault
- Police Issue Warning For Women Jogging And Walking Alone
- Pa. Gov. Tom Wolf Talks Education Funding In Philadelphia