By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- “007” Actor Sir Roger Moore Dies At 89, Family Says
- Community Helps 92-Year-Old Woman Cross Off Item On Bucket List
- Pa. Fisherman Saves Bear Cub From Drowning
- Police: Man Possibly Abducted Following Fight In East Falls
- Police: Officer Injured, 3 Students Arrested After Fights Break Out Near Train Station
- ‘Alien Yoga’ Could Help With Digestion
- Study: 1 In 3 High School Students Reported Traveling With Driver Who’d Been Drinking
- Are Shore Towns Ready For Unofficial Start Of Summer?
- Cosby Trial: 3 White Men, 2 White Women Selected For Jury So Far
- Firefighters Haul 14 People Trapped In Elevator Over 100 Feet To Safety