Local Museums Showcasing Their Art On Instagram
By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Police: Child Struck, Killed By Vehicle In Nicetown
- Police: Arrest Made In West Philadelphia Hit-And-Run That Injured 7-Year-Old Girl
- Woman Struck By Bus In Northern Liberties
- Daughter of Phila. Soul Head Coach Eludes Crash That Killed 4 Teammates
- Teenage Girl Stabbed Multiple Times In South Philadelphia
- Prosecutor: Fire That Killed Cooper Health CEO And His Wife Was Intentionally Set
- Nutter Signs Pot Decriminalization Bill Into Law
- Gun That Accidentally Killed Pa. State Trooper Was Fired By Firearms Instructor
- NJ Army National Guard Member Faces Sex Abuse Charge
- ONLY A DRILL: Drexel U. Prepares For Neighborhood Disasters