By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Olympic Legend Comes To Olney Elementary Bearing Gifts From Comcast
- Nazi Flag At Bloomsburg Fair Sparks Outrage On Social Media
- Atlantic City Seeks $100M From Airport Sale To Water Utility
- Authorities: Man Fatally Shot By Intruders In Burlington County Home Invasion
- Record Ratings Expected For Presidential Debate, But Will It Change Anyone’s Mind?
- One Local Business Seeing Boost In Sales Thanks To Eagles
- Police: Car Involved In Fatal Weekend Hit And Run Found Abandoned
- Golfer Remembers Arnold Palmer: ‘He Was A Man Of The People’
- PA Governor Orders Flags At Half-Staff To Honor Arnold Palmer
- Trump Launches ‘Crooked Hillary’ Snapchat Filter For Debate