Local Museums Showcasing Their Art On Instagram
By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Police: Man Shot And Killed By Girlfriend’s Father While Climbing Through Apartment Window
- NJ Gov. Christie Helping Tillis In NC Senate Race
- Profile Of Gunman Who Ambushed Troopers Released By State Police
- Tech Entrepreneur Says Unplug From Facebook And Experience People
- Villanova Art Historians Hope For New Revelations in Painting’s X-Rays
- Penn Grad Student Heads Effort To Preserve Historic Philadelphia House
- Trial In 2012 Slaying Of Baby, Grandmother In Montco Set To Begin This Week
- Same-Sex Couple Speaks Out After Brutal Attack In Center City
- Police: Man Dies After Shooting At Juniata Bar
- Police: 15-Year-Old Girl Found Unconscious In Northeast Philadelphia