By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Police Searching For Elderly Man Who Suffers From Depression, Dementia
- Postal Worker, 3 Men Charged In Theft Of Blank Money Orders
- Brotherly Love: Farming For A Food Bank
- Doylestown Sewer System Project Will Cost Hundreds Of Homeowners Big Bucks
- New App Allows SEPTA Riders To Share Security Tips With Police
- Police: Man Fatally Shot Inside Car In North Philadelphia
- Police: Wanted ‘Jorts-Wearing Bandit’ Targeted Walgreens
- Fire Commissioner, Union Condemn Philly Firefighter’s Charlottesville Facebook Post
- Girl Scouts Taking Part In STEM Summer Camp
- American Airlines Announces More Non-Stop Flights From PHL