By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- John Gruden Cooks Up A Philly Cheesesteak
- Eagles Monday Night Forecast, Rainy Tuesday, Another Big Cool Down
- Crews Battle Overnight Fire At Vacant Building In Fairhill
- Paula Abdul Tries Her First Philly Cheesesteak
- 1 Dead, Another Critical After Double Shooting In North Philadelphia
- Ivanka Trump To Tout Tax Plan At Bucks County Town Hall
- Buying A New Car? Here Are Some Things You Should Know
- Hundreds Lose Power After Truck Knocks Down Pole, Wires
- ‘Let’s Relax, There’s Kids Involved’: Chester Has Weekend Plunged Into Gun Violence
- Justin Timberlake To Perform At Super Bowl After 14-year Gap