By KYW social media editor Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new social series all about art in Philadelphia will be taking over Instagram each day this summer.
Five cultural institutions are working together to spotlight their collections on Instagram using the hashtag “summerwithart.”
“Instagram is one of our fastest growing social media networks and because of its visual nature, its a great way to show potential visitors and locals the arts that is in these museums,” says Caroline Bean, the director of social media for Visit Philadelphia.
The series will run for 13 weeks and features the Penn Museum.
“We all have such a broad range of art and creative material to share so we wanted to give art awareness in Philly just a little extra push with this promotion,” says Penn Museum public relations coordinator Tom Stanley.
Each week will have a theme like “Down the Shore,” “Bright and Brilliant,” and “Summer Blockbusters.”
Here’s the Instagram handles for the participating museums:
The Barnes Foundation: @barnesfoundation
Penn Museum: @pennmuseum
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: @pafacademy
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society: @philaflowershow
Philadelphia Museum of Art: @philamuseum
Visit Philadelphia: @visitphilly
- Philly Launches Effort To Collect Back Taxes From 25,000 Businesses
- Vehicle Goes Over Retaining Wall In Delco, Lands On 2 Other Cars
- Man Arrested In Connection With Fatal Northeast Phila. Hit-Run
- Teachers Dance To ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ To Celebrate End Of School
- DE Police Investigate Shooting At Apartment Complex
- Brotherly Love: Montco Food Cupboard’s History Of Help
- Overturned Truck Causing Major Delays On I-95 NB In New Castle County
- 1 Dead Following Shootout In Germantown Shopping Center
- Two Philadelphia Men Remember Dachau Liberation 71 Years Later
- Horsham Community Meeting Focuses On Water Safety