Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Eagles Have Spirited Second Day Of Practice
- Howard Lifts Phillies To 4-2 Win Over Diamondbacks
- Fletcher Cox Looks To Change Tone Of Eagles’ Defense
- Billy Davis Talks Defense
- Allen Barbre’s Value Rising
- Jason Kelce Is On The Verge Of Shining In 2014
- New Effort To Have Dick Allen Enshrined In Cooperstown In Full Swing
- Phillies Fall To D-Backs 10-6 In 10 Innings
- Eagles Hit The Field For The First Time
- Chip Kelly Addresses Lane Johnson’s Suspension