Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Taney Dragons Fall To Nevada 8-1
- Last Surviving Member Of Philadelphia Stars Talks Taney Dragons And Their Pitching Phenom
- Sixers 2014 Preseason Schedule Is Set
- The Eagles And Santander Bank’s $20,000 Field Goal Challenge
- The Phillies Take Series And Game With 4-3 Win Over Mariners
- Campbell: On Taney Dragons, New MLB Boss And Dick Bavetta
- 7 Reasons Why The NFL Preseason Matters
- Eagles Trade For Kicker Cody Parkey
- Taney’s Wide Baseball Family Prepares To Root Team at Little League Semifinals
- Ryne Sandberg: “We’re Still Looking At Domonic Brown”