PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Daniel Murphy Drives In 3, Nationals Rally Past Phillies 4-3
- Warriors Know Game 7 Back Home For Finals Trip Won’t Be Easy
- Long Road To Cup Final Ends For Rebuilt Sharks And Penguins
- Zobrist, Montero Homer, Lackey Sharp As Cubs Sweep Phillies
- Could Philadelphia Be The Next Hot Spot For International Soccer?
- Hendricks Pitches 5-hitter, Cubs Beat Phillies 4-1
- Police: Pelicans Guard Dejean-Jones Fatally Shot In Dallas
- LeBron James Headed To 6th Straight NBA Finals, Cavaliers Await Opponent
- Morgan Gives Up 3 Homers As Phillies Fall To Cubs 6-2
- Street Soccer USA Philadelphia Cup To Kick Off This Weekend