Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Raptors Top Sixers 114-103
- Curt Schilling Fires Back At Cyberbullies Targeting His Daughter
- James Harden Suspended One Game For Kicking LeBron James
- This Day In History: Wilt Chamberlain’s 100-Point Game
- Eagles Decide Not To Use Franchise Tag On Jeremy Maclin
- Ike Reese Wins The Eighth Great Birds Debate
- 30 Players: Red Sox Hope Rusney Castillo’s Talent Translates To Bigs
- Eagles Sign LB Brad Jones
- Report: Cowboys Franchise Dez Bryant
- Rollins: ‘Mets Were My No. 2′ Choice