Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Eagles Expect Emotional Return From Jackson
- Eagles Tickets 7% Above Average For Sunday’s Game Vs. Redskins
- 6 Types Of People In Your Fantasy Football League
- Hamels Looks To End Phillies’ Skid In San Diego
- Former Penn Charter Star Matt Ryan To Face Tampa Bay On Thursday Night Football
- Eagles Now T-5th Shortest Odds To Win Super Bowl, 3rd Shortest To Win NFC
- Penn Heads South To Open Season At Jacksonville Saturday
- Umpire Joe West Suspended One Game For Papelbon Altercation
- Unsung Hero: Jordan Fromm
- Podcast: Breaking Down The Eagles’ 2-0 Start