Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Number Crunchers: Philadelphia Union Off To Worst Start In Franchise History
- Peter King In Final Mock Draft: ‘Want To Drive WIP Radio Crazy’
- Merrill Reese: ‘Never Has There Been This Much Intrigue’
- Berube: ‘I Expected To Come Back And Coach’
- Phillies Take First Game Of 4-Game Set With Cardinals, 4-1
- Freddy Galvis Proving Opportunity Can Lead To Results
- CBS Local Sports: Paulie Malignaggi To Brown And Troupe: “Mayweather Probably Going To Dominate”
- Report: Phillies Are Looking To Move Papelbon To Boston
- Eagles Exercise Fifth Year Option For Fletcher Cox
- 5 Biggest Storylines Of The 2015 NFL Draft