Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- New ‘Everything And More’ Eagles Promo Video Will Give You Goosebumps
- Delaware Looks To Bounce Back Saturday Against Delaware State
- Mathis, Kelce Not Caught Up In Season Expectations
- College Football Spotlight: Big Ten Reputation On The Line For Michigan State
- 94WIP Hosts Predict The Eagles’ Season
- Jaguars Loaded With Potential For Bright Future, But Not Equipped For Eagles Now
- How The Sixers Are Faring At The FIBA World Cup
- Phillies Add Seven To MLB Roster Including Maikel Franco
- Phillies Top Braves 7-0 With Combined No-Hitter
- Bucs Hoping Michael Johnson Excels This Season