Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Struggling Phillies Fall To Braves 9-5 On Independence Day
- Matt Stonie Tops Joey Chestnut In Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Now Is The Time To Trade Overachievers For Underachievers In Fantasy Baseball
- Phils Edged By Braves 2-1 In Series Opener
- Best Performances By Athletes On Their Birthdays
- Temple’s Cummings Ready To Run With The Rockets
- 4th Of July Weekend Sports TV Guide
- Phillies Fall 8-7, Swept By Brewers In 4-Game Series
- Tennis Player Calls Carmelo Anthony “Soft”
- DeMarcus Cousins Wishes Nik Stauskas Good Luck In Philadelphia