PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Former Villanova Star Raymond Ventrone Joins Frank Reich’s Staff In Indy
- Report: Alshon Jeffery Played Through Torn Rotator Cuff All Season
- Eagles File To Trademark Phrase ‘Philly Special’
- Voracek’s 2 Late Goals Rally Flyers Past Canadiens In OT
- Seeking Change: Rule Keeps Student Off The Court For Not Removing Hijab
- Saint Joseph’s Women Look To Keep Rolling Against George Washington
- Report: Doug Pederson Promotes Mike Groh To OC, Not Duce Staley
- Orthopedic Surgeon: Carson Wentz’s Injury Is ‘Worrisome’
- Flyers Lose Simmonds, Neuvirth For Extended Period Of Time
- Joel Embiid Makes Philadelphia Proud During All-Star Weekend