Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- 30 Players: Souza Has Tools To Impress For Tampa Bay Rays
- Breaking Down College Basketball’s Top 25 Teams [1-5]
- The 3 Most Likely Eagles To Be Cut Next
- Top 5 Sports Callers Of The Week: February 23-February 27
- Eagles Release Cary Williams
- Eastern U. Women’s Hoops Ready For D3 NCAA Tourney Debut
- Chip Kelly To Speak Tuesday Night At Katz JCC In Cherry Hill
- Hextall: Snider, Homer On Board With My Vision From Day One
- Will Cummings Gives Temple Opportunity To Win The American
- Wright To Cataldi: Stay Away From Nova, ‘I’ve Seen What You Do To Our Teams’