PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Pontius Enjoying First Season With Union
- Phillies Shut Out By Garcia, Cardinals
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Kentucky Derby
- 76ers Add Marc Eversley And Ned Cohen To Front-Office
- Terrell Owens On Sam Bradford: ‘Sign Of Coward’
- Top 5 North Dakota Athletes
- Walkoff Hit Leads Cardinals Past Phillies, 5-4
- Johnny Manziel Booked In Domestic Violence Case
- Eagles Agree To Terms With 5 Rookies From 2016 Class
- Phillies Look For Second Straight Win In St. Louis