Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Brees’ Success Inspired Kelly To Get Bradford
- Eagles Injury Report: OT Jason Peters Questionable, Mychal Kendricks Out
- Keidel: Staying On Top In The NFL
- 5 NFL Games You Can’t Miss This Weekend (Week 5)
- Report: Phillies To Interview Kim Ng For GM Position
- High School Top 10: New PIAA Classifications Changes Nothing
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: October 5th-October 9th
- Terrell Owens: I Would ‘Absolutely’ Help This Eagles’ Team
- 5 Things: Road Teams Dominate Start of Playoffs
- Betting Trends: Eagles -4.5 Vs. Saints