PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Taxpayers To Pay More Than Half Of $2.27M Eagles Championship Parade Bill
- Herrera Go-Ahead Triple Gets Phillies Win Over Pirates 2-1
- Heat’s Justise Winslow Fined $15,000 For Stepping On Joel Embiid’s Mask
- Courtier’s Late Goal Helps Flyers Edge Penguins To Force Game 6
- Mural Honoring Super Bowl Champs Eagles Now Complete
- Report: Nick Foles, Eagles Agree To Revised Contract For 2018 Season
- Arrieta Ks 10, Allows 1 Hit In 7 Innings In Phillies Win
- Masked Embiid Helps Sixers Beat Heat 128-108 For 2-1 Series Lead
- Philadelphia Eagles 2018 Season Schedule Released
- NBA Playoffs: Joel Embiid Playing In Game 3 Against Heat