Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Philly Soccer Show: Bakary Soumaré Recalls Fondly His Short Tenure Here
- Top 5 Theories After The Eagles’ First Loss, From 94WIP Callers
- Charlie Sheen Delivers $1,000 He Promised To PYT Waiter Stiffed By Shady
- Royals Beat A’s 9-8 In 12 In AL Wild-Card Thriller
- Simmonds Helps Flyers Beat Rangers 4-2
- NFL Spokesperson Admits Player Should Not Have Been Penalized For Religious Gesture
- Eagles Welcome Johnson Back To The Offensive Line
- The Center Of Attention: Jason Kelce Gearing Up For Return
- Eagles’ Beau Allen Enjoying Rookie Season Along The D-Line
- Twitter Responds To Tom Brady Getting Benched