PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Gordon Homers Leading Off As Marlins Mourn Fernandez
- 76ers Center Noel: Too Many Bigs On Team, ‘Just A Logjam’
- Eagles Fans Trying To Stay Composed As Team Continues To Exceed Expectations
- Post Snap With Malcolm Jenkins: ‘An Offense Will Find It Tough To Beat Us’
- Vice President Biden Tweets About Eagles: ‘It’s Our Year’
- This Week In Golf: Rory McIlroy Wins FedExCup, Arnold Palmer Passes
- One Local Business Seeing Boost In Sales Thanks To Eagles
- Doug Pederson’s Post Game Speech: ‘You Gotta Believe’
- Golfer Remembers Arnold Palmer: ‘He Was A Man Of The People’
- PA Governor Orders Flags At Half-Staff To Honor Arnold Palmer