Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Union, Dynamo Play To Scoreless Draw
- Bayern Wins Pennsylvania Derby
- Penn State Crushes UMass 48-7
- Rutgers Edges Navy For 31-24 Win
- Williams Beats A’s For Third Time With Third Team
- Little Girl Recites Famous Allen Iverson Practice Rant
- Temple Demolishes Delaware State 59-0
- Villanova Tops James Madison 49-31
- 5 Ways Tom Brady’s Life Could Have Panned Out
- All-Time Great Praises Eagles Running Backs