PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Candice Wiggins Says She Was Targeted For Being Heterosexual In WNBA
- Report: Jahlil Okafor ‘Will Get Moved’ By The Deadline
- Mackanin: Franco’s New Approach Could Lead To Big Year
- Revenge Not On Villanova’s Mind Ahead Of Rematch With Butler
- Report: MLB To Get Rid Of Intentional Walks For 2017 Season
- Widener Hoops Looks To Stay Hot In Conference Tournament
- Phillies’ Michael Saunders Credits Mother Who Battled Breast Cancer For Person He Is Today
- Made-Up Trade: 76ers, Lakers, Pistons Andre Drummond Blockbuster
- Keidel: Where Should Tony Romo Go?
- Chiefs, Bills Could Save Significant Cap Money By Cutting Maclin, McCoy