PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Aaron Nola, Freddy Galvis Lead Phils To 6-1 Win Over Brewers
- High School Football Head Coach Tackles First Season In New Role
- Keidel: What’s Left To Say About O.J. Simpson?
- Dez Bryant Not Worried About Ezekiel Elliott’s Behavior
- Mike Trout Joins LeBron-To-Philly Campaign
- 14 Things You Didn’t Know About WWE Superstar Randy Orton
- Most Questionable Contracts Of The Offseason
- Potential Trade Candidates At The 2017 MLB Trade Deadline
- WWE’s A.J. Styles Trusts The Process
- 2017 Sun Belt Football Preview