Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Ring Announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr.: ‘If Floyd Underestimates Berto, He Could Be In Trouble’
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: August 31st-September 4th
- Running: Eagles Final Roster News
- Floyd Mayweather: “What I’ll Miss Most Is All The Jealous Haters”
- Celek: ‘Haven’t Been This Excited’ Since I’ve Starting Playing
- Preseason Week 4: Eagles Studs And Duds
- Eagles Lose To Jets 24-18 In Preseason Finale
- Local Marine Speaks Out After Ronda Rousey Accepts Invite To Marine Corps Ball
- Flyers To Open Training Camp On September 18
- Some Fans Show Support For Tebow Heading Into Final Preseason Game