PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- RECAP: Henrique’s Overtime Goal Lifts Devils Over Flyers 2-1
- LeSean McCoy Refuses To Address Nightclub Brawl
- Drake Outcoaches Kevin Hart To Win NBA Celebrity Game
- Allen Iverson Named 2016 NBA Hall Of Fame Finalist
- NBA Western Conference 2016 All-Star Roster Breakdown
- Brian Haddad’s ‘Piece Of Garbage’ Bracket
- Neumann University Hoops Hitting Its Stride Down The Stretch
- It’s An Empire State Weekend For The Penn Quakers
- McCoy’s Lawyer: No Decision On Charges Until Next Week
- NBA Eastern Conference 2016 All-Star Roster Breakdown