Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Shields Leads Padres Past Phillies 9-4
- Fan Dies After Fall From Upper Deck At Braves Game
- Eagles’ Starters Shine In 39-26 Win Over Packers
- Union’s Playoff Hopes Take Hit In 1-0 Loss To Revolution
- Morgan, Sweeney Lead Phillies Past Padres
- Santoliquito: Sam Bradford Looks Great In Green Bay
- Pennsylvania Advances To LLWS Championship
- Let Other Fantasy Baseball Owners Take Chances On September Call-Ups
- Jahlil Okafor Joins Kevin Hart For 5K Run
- Rookie Spotlight: Vic Beasley Will Be An Every-Down Player For Atlanta Falcons