Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Watch: New 2015 Budweiser Super Bowl Commercial
- Official Wing Bowl 23 Odds And Prop Bets
- Simmonds Gets Winner In SO As Flyers Beat Coyotes 4-3
- La Salle Beats Saint Joseph’s 53-48
- Top 5 Over-Hyped Philly Athletes To Celebrate The Over-Hyped Snowstorm
- Computer Predicts Seahawks To Deflate Patriots
- Marshawn Lynch: ‘I’m Just Here So I Won’t Get Fined’
- NFL Analyst: McCoy’s ‘Bad’ Ranking Was Not His Fault, Graham Most Efficient Pass Rusher
- Zac Rinaldo Suspended Eight Games
- Sixers Lose To Pelicans, 99-74