PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- WCU Gets Rematch With #1 IUP In NCAA Second Round
- CBS Sports’ Trent Green On Week 12 Bills-Chiefs Matchup, More
- Philip Rivers, Chargers Beat Fading Cowboys 28-6
- What NHL Teams Are Thankful For
- What Each MLB Team Is Thankful For
- What Each NFL Team Is Thankful For
- What Each NBA Team Is Thankful For
- What WWE Fans Should Be Thankful For
- Fantasy Football Week 12 Starts And Sits
- Eagles Don’t See A Bear Trap On Sunday