Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Travis Long Tears ACL For Second Straight Year, Gone For Season
- Mets, Blue Jays, Astros Improve Odds To Win 2015 World Series
- Revamped Eagles Defense Ready To Step Up In 2015
- DeMarco Murray Says He’s Healthy & Feels Like An Eagle
- This Week In Golf: Troy Merritt Claims First PGA Tour Victory In Quicken Loans National
- Slimmed-Down Jason Peters Poised For Big Season
- Bennie Logan Talks Life, Race, And Rap Music On 94WIP
- Newest Olympic Sport: Ultimate Frisbee?
- Eagles DC Bill Davis Defends Chip Kelly
- Player Style Files: Broncos Ronnie Hillman Has A Ton Of Shoes