Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Sixers Dominated By Randolph, Grizzlies 101-83
- Penn Beats St. Joe’s 56-52 In Big 5 Matchup
- NFL To Test Tablets For Video Reviews At Pro Bowl
- Belichick On What Happened: ‘We Try To Do Everything Right’
- Damion Lee Hits Last Second Three To Lift Drexel To 53-51 Win
- Penn State Wins First Big Ten Game Of Season, 79-51 Over Rutgers
- Dario Saric Named Europe Young Player Of The Year
- Klay Thompson Scores NBA Record 37 Points In A Quarter
- Philly’s Own Kyle Lowry Leads Raptors To Win Over Sixers
- Fan Celebrates 76th Birthday With A Long Journey To The 76ers Game