PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- During Dark Times For Philly Pro Sports, Temple Football Shines Bright
- No. 25 Temple Beats UConn 27-3, Goes To American Title Game
- Simmonds, Mason Spark Flyers’ 3-0 Win Over Rangers
- The Sad Truth About Philadelphia’s Sports Teams
- Sixers Center Okafor Says Boston Fight ‘Dumb On My Part’
- Univ. Of Pennsylvania Women’s Rowing Team Member Wins Rhodes Scholarship
- Winless Sixers Can’t Stop Harden, Grounded By Rockets 116-114
- Week 12: Eagles Studs And Duds
- ‘Ghost’ Lifts Flyers Over Predators 3-2 In Overtime
- Romo Out For Year After 2nd Collarbone Injury Of Season