PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Eskin: Doug Pederson Is 100-Percent Safe
- Gallinari, Barton Lead Nuggets Past Sixers, 106-98
- Keidel: Are These Chiefs For Real?
- Doug Pederson In Day-After Press Conference: “Not Everybody” Played Hard
- Villanova Back At No. 1 In AP Top 25 Men’s Hoops Poll
- Pederson: ‘We Felt Were We More Into The Game Than Our Opponent’
- Under Armour Scores First Major League Deal Ever With MLB
- Police Disburse Unruly Penn State Fans After Victory _ Again
- Eagles Team Grades: Philly Flunks Road Test In Awful Loss At Cincinnati
- College Football Bowl Game Match-ups, Schedule