PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Tommy Joseph’s Hit Sends Phillies Past Reds 4-3
- Phillies Hall Of Fame Pitcher Jim Bunning Dies At Age 85
- Phillies Fans Enjoy (Ca)nine Innings Of Baseball At The Ballpark
- Adleman Pitches 8 Crisp Innings As Reds Beat Phillies 5-2
- Glassboro Native Gets Shot With The Eagles
- Phillies Welcome Reds To Town For A Weekend Series
- Brandon Graham To Officiate Ultimate Sports Wedding
- Union Look For 5th Straight Win At Real Salt Lake
- Nick Bateman A Key To West Chester Baseball Success
- Keidel: Bryce Harper And Baseball’s New Salary Narrative