PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Ray Didinger: ‘Best Cornerback Draft I Have Ever Seen’
- 76ers Sales Team Shaves Simmons, Saric And More Into Heads
- 30 Players: Athletics Hope Ryon Healy Is For Real
- Philly U’s Steven Wells A Force At The Plate
- Former Eagle Lito Sheppard Is Lead Investor In Bid For Medical Marijuana Facility
- Jeffrey Lurie: ‘I Also Want The Kelly Green’ Uniforms
- Saric, Covington Lift 76ers Over Nets 106-101
- Weal Leads Flyers Past Senators 3-2 In Shootout
- Phillies Debut ‘Zoom Food’ To Make Ordering Ballpark Favorites Faster
- Carson Wentz Talks To Teens At Columbia North YMCA