Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Post Trade, Boykin Suggests Chip Kelly Uncomfortable Around Black Players
- Phillies Hit 3 Homeruns In 12-2 Win Over Braves
- Eagles CB Brandon Boykin Traded To Steelers
- Once MLB Trade Deadline Dust Settles, Your Fantasy Roster May Need Some Tweaks
- Eagles Sign Former Villanova Running Back, Kevin Monangai
- Rookie Spotlight: Amari Cooper Looks To Bring Life To Oakland Raiders Passing Game
- Center City Wall Now Stands To Honor Phillies History
- Brown, Howard Lead Phillies Over Braves 9-3
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Roddy Piper
- Sixers Send Jason Thompson To Warriors For Gerald Wallace