PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Former Sixers GM Sam Hinkie Selling Bryn Mawr Mansion
- Keidel: Brady And Ryan, A Contrast In QBs
- Eagles Hire Rams WR Coach Mike Groh
- Joel Embiid Named Eastern Conference Player Of The Week
- Jason Kelce, Darren Sproles Added To Pro Bowl
- 76ers Ranked No. 15 In Power Rankings
- Joel Embiid Doubtful For Tuesday’s Game Vs. Clippers
- Chris Hogan’s Rare Path To NFL Started At Penn State
- Joe Douglas: ‘We’re Gonna Take Best Player Available’
- Howie Roseman Clarifies His Eric Rowe Explanation: ‘Did Not Make Sense’