PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Philly Native And 14th Woman Globetrotter Bria ‘Swish’ Young Returns Home
- Joel Embiid ‘Out Indefinitely’ With Swelling In Knee
- 30 Players: Andrew Benintendi Trying To Fulfill The Hype With Red Sox
- College Hockey Player Leaves Penalty Box To Attack Referee
- 94WIP’s 2017 Birds Town Hall
- Bears ‘Not Expected’ To Franchise Tag Alshon Jeffery, Per Report
- Draymond Green: Joel Embiid Can Be ‘Really Good’
- Terrell Owens: ‘After Oscars, Maybe I Did Make HOF’
- Kurt Busch Steals Monster Victory By Winning Daytona 500
- Crosby Scores 34th, Penguins Top Flyers 4-2 At Heinz Field