PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Zach Eflin Tosses Complete Game Shut Out, Phils Top Pirates 4-0
- Fantasy Football 2016: Top 10 Running Backs
- Le’Veon Bell To Miss Game Vs. Eagles, If Suspension Holds
- Phillies Open Long Road Trip Tonight In Pittsburgh
- Holy Family Hires Melissa Dunne To Lead Women’s Hoops
- Better Career: Ben Simmons Or Allen Iverson?
- Phillies GM Matt Klentak On Trade Deadline: ‘It’s Been Very Active’
- Manu Ginobili: ‘Brett Brown Made 76ers Appealing’
- Ray Rice Will Donate Salary To Domestic Violence Programs, If Signed
- Report: 76ers To Sign Cat Barber