Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Flyers To Hold Auditions For Ice Girls
- David Feherty On AT&T Byron Nelson: ‘I’d Bring Rubber Boots’
- Mets Top Phillies 7-0 For Series Sweep
- FIFA Corruption Case: Why Should Americans Care?
- Cowboys Using Drones In Practice
- Vote: Which Radio Host Should Throw Out First Pitch?
- Franz Lidz And Arn Tellem Head Jewish Sports Hall Of Fame Class
- Seth Rosin Impressing in Lehigh Valley Bullpen
- SI’s Greg Bedard: Belichick, Saban ‘Easier’ To Cover Than Chip
- Top 5 Twitter Reactions To FIFA Arrests