Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Malcolm Jenkins: ‘I Definitely See Chip Kelly’s Vision’
- Eagles Sign WR Miles Austin To One-Year Deal
- Jay Wright: ‘Not Making Drastic Changes Based On Missing One Shot’
- Domonic Brown To Start Season On DL
- SportsRadio 94WIP, Philadelphia Eagles Announce New Broadcast Rights Agreement
- Nerlens Noel: Ish Smith Is ‘First True Point-Guard’ I’ve Played With
- Free Throws Doom Sixers In 113-111 Overtime Loss To Lakers
- Joel Embiid In Warm Up Gear Before Sixers Lakers
- Benches Clear And Pirates Hit Six Homers In Win Over Phillies
- Sixers Welcome Lakers To South Philadelphia