PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- CBS 3 Talks With Montgomery County Swimmer Named SI’s SportsKid Of The Year
- Broncos Ride Pats To Victory
- Kelly, Eagles Again Dealing With Coaching Rumors
- Temple Readies For AAC Title Showdown With Houston Saturday
- Academy Park Takes Aim At Giant Imhotep Charter
- Phillies Claim Michael Mariot From Royals
- St. Joe’s Off To Strong 4-1 Start
- 76ers Tie NBA Worst With 0-18 Start After Loss To Grizzlies
- 76ers’ Okafor Apologizes For Choices After Recent Fight
- Kobe Bryant Says He Will Retire At End Of 2015-16 Season