PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- WWE Insiders Pick No Mercy 2017
- Foul Ball Scare Renews Debate Over Protective Netting At Baseball Stadiums
- Phillies Fall Short In Bid To Sweep Dodgers
- Lawyer: Aaron Hernandez’s Brain Showed Severe Signs Of CTE
- Phillie Phanatic Sets Up Date With Dodgers Reporter
- Fantasy Football Week 3 Starts And Sits
- 76ers Announce Free Scrimmage At The Palestra
- 76ers Ranked No. 6 In ‘Future’ Power Rankings
- NFL Week 3 Picks: Raiders Continue Their Winning Ways
- West Chester Readies For Road Match-Up With Lock Haven