PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- High School Football Preview: Area Schools Making The Plunge Into New Terrain
- Phillies Trade Carlos Ruiz To The Dodgers
- After Several Drops, Ryan Lochte Lands Endorsement Deal With ‘Forgiving’ Company
- Doug Pederson Reflects On Russell Wilson As An Eagle
- Zach Ertz Responds: ‘Excited To See Josh Norman In New Scheme’
- Report: Eagles Shopping For Corners
- Andy Reid: Fletcher Cox Told Me About Dak Prescott In 2012
- Phillies Earn 5-3 Win Over White Sox For Series Split
- Hope Solo Suspended From U.S. Soccer For 6 Months
- 76ers Projected To Finish As Worst Team In East, Again