Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- National Spelling Bee Ends With A Tie For Second Straight Year
- Union Breakdown: Transition Game Comes Alive In Historic Road Win
- Quarterbacks In The Spotlight At Eagles OTAs
- Chip Kelly Addresses Question Marks In Eagles Secondary
- The 7 Best Game 7’s In NHL History
- Soul Ready For ‘Boardwalk Bowl’ In Atlantic City
- Bernie Parent Asks Philly To Support Chip Kelly: ‘I Love This Man’
- Kelly Responds To McCoy: ‘He’s Wrong,’ Color Not A Factor
- Has Phillippe Aumont Turned A Corner In Triple-A?
- Did The FIFA Scandal Scupper Philadelphia’s World Cup Dream?