Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Bumgarner, Giants Silence Pirates 8-0 To Advance
- McCoy’s Frustration Growing
- Brandon Graham On Pace For Special Year
- Penn Opens Ivy League Play Saturday At Dartmouth
- Phillies Injury Updates: Ruiz, Revere, Lee, And Burnett
- CBS Sports Steve Beuerlein talks Vikings vs. Packers on Thursday Night Football
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Minnesota Vikings Vs. Green Bay Packers
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Giants And Pirates Like It’s 1971 All Over Again?
- David Molk: ‘I Can’t Discredit What Chip Calls’
- Philly Soccer Show: Bakary Soumaré Recalls Fondly His Short Tenure Here