Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- LeSean McCoy Feels Good About Getting Back To Normal
- Howie Roseman and Don Smolenski On Surviving The Bye Week
- Sixers Have Big Plans In Store For Opening Night
- Today Marks The Day The Doctor Came To Town
- Temple Shifts Focus To UCF After Houston Loss
- Wroten Wants To Be A Leader For 76ers
- Lots Of Reasons For Widener Football’s 6-0 Start
- Riley Cooper Takes Full Responsibility For Eagles’ Only Loss
- Mychal Kendricks Writes He Will Practice, Gives First-Person Perspective On Injury
- 3 Things: Eagles Vs. Cardinals