PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Mayor Kenney On LeSean McCoy Brawl: ‘He Needs To Pay The Price And Answer For His Actions’
- 2016 NBA All-Star Weekend Preview
- Flyers Look To Snap Skid As They Host Sabres
- J.P. Crawford Ranked No. 4 Prospect In MLB
- Eastern University’s Emily Lavin, A Versatile Talent
- 94WIP Josh Innes Show Throws Parade For Puppy Bowl Star, Leah
- Terrell Owens Says Donovan McNabb ‘Cursed Me Out In The Huddle’
- Top 3 Moments From Donovan McNabb’s Reddit AMA
- Peter Kostis On Pebble Beach: ‘No Better Place In The World For Golf’
- LeSean McCoy Addresses Alleged Assault For First Time