Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Miles, St. Joe’s Take Care Of Marist 75-58
- Price Carries La Salle Past Towson 67-53
- Giroux Helps Flyers Beat Maple Leafs 7-4
- Eagles Fans Heartbroken After Loss To Redskins
- Redskins Shock Eagles With 27-24 Victory
- Newbill Helps Penn State Hold Off Drexel 73-68
- Villanova Rallies In 82-77 Overtime Win Over Syracuse
- NFL Live Radio Play by Play: Eagles at Redskins [Week 16]
- Sixers Lose To Hornets, 109-91
- Jerry Sandusky Is Denied $4,900-A-Month Pension