Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Porter: 6 Fantasy Football Bold Predictions
- Nick Foles Shares Sports Illustrated Cover With Tony Romo
- Philly Soccer Show: Wenger, M’Bolhi Help Union Get Back On Track
- Unsung Hero: Darren Sudman
- The Sky Is The Limit For Chargers’ Keenan Allen In 2014
- Papelbon Records 100th Phillies Save In 4-3 Win
- Joel Embiid Shares Picture Of First NBA Contract
- Phillies Announce Plans For Taney Dragons Celebration
- Lane Johnson Prepping For His Downtime
- Hopkins-Kovalev Fight Coming To Atlantic City