Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Vote: 94WIP Great Baseball Debate
- Phillies Snap 6-Game Skid, Defeat Nationals 5-3
- Time To Grab Some New Studs Before Anyone Else In Your Fantasy League Does
- Phillies Fall To Nationals 7-2
- Keidel: Freddie Roach Is Pacquiao’s Trainer, Mentor, And Mouthpiece
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: April 13th-April 17th
- SJU Star On Cloud Nine After WNBA Draft Selection
- Hextall: Berube Did Not Get ‘Enough Out Of Our Group’
- DeMeco Ryans: ‘I Should Be Full Go During Training Camp’
- Boxing Insider Talk: Al Bernstein, Boxing Commentator