Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Grand Imperial Poobah: Angry With Gov. Chris Christie
- Eagles Expect A Tough Challenge From Washington
- SportsRadio 94WIP And Angelo Cataldi Agree To New Contract
- 10 Targets For The Philadelphia Union To Consider In Thursday’s Re-Entry Draft
- Drexel Women Visit Quinnipiac Tonight
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Tennessee Titans At Jacksonville Jaguars
- Philly Soccer Show: Union Alum Danny Mwanga, Newcomer C.J. Sapong
- Angelo Cataldi’s Top 5 Reasons For Why The Eagles Were Better In 2013
- Complicated Playoff Picture, Who Eagles Fans Should Root For In Week 16
- La Salle Loses To American, 68-66, In OT