Flyers Add 5 Players On 2nd Day Of NHL Draft
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The second and final day of the 2014 NHL Draft wrapped up Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center.
With their first pick in the second round, the 48th overall, the Philadelphia Flyers selected center and right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The 18-year-old recorded 22 goals and 53 points last season for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Flyers selected defenseman Mark Friedman in the 3rd round, with the 86th overall pick. Friedman was the second defenseman chosen by the Flyers this draft as they also selected defenseman Travis Sanheim with their first round pick Friday night.
Philadelphia selected Oskar Lindblom in the 5th round, followed by center Radel Fazleev in the 6th round. The Flyers final selection, in the 7th round, was another defenseman, Jesper Pettersson.
- Phils Knocked Around By Twins In 7-1 Loss
- Flyers Bitten By The Sharks In 3-2 SO Loss
- Little League World Series Run Leads To Influx Of Players In The Taney Baseball League
- Nogueira At The 10? Union Short On Weekend Options
- Sixers Lose To Clippers 119-98
- Keidel: Mind Games Have Begun For Mayweather-Pacquiao Bout
- Phillies Lose To Yankees, 10-0
- 30 Players: Iglesias Could Arrive Sooner Than Expected As Reds Starter
- WrestleMania: Dean Ambrose Doesn’t Think WWE Is Burying Him
- Kevin Durant To Have Surgery, Miss Remainder Of Season