TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — Frank Sinatra’s first New Jersey driver’s license has sold for $15,757 at auction.
The yellowed, text-only 1934 license was issued, typo and all, to Francis Sintra, 841 Garden Street, Hoboken, New Jersey.
The license was signed by the then-19-year-old a year before Sinatra got his first big break in the music industry.
His eyes, of course, are recorded as blue. His weight was 130 pounds.
Boston-based RR Auction didn’t disclose the buyer.
The deal also included a 1940 letter to the state Commissioner of Motor Vehicles from the lawyer of a man who’d been involved in a car crash with Sinatra, insisting Sinatra’s driving privileges be revoked until he pays up.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- The Marshmallow Test: What It Reveals About Our Children’s Future Success
- Woman Warning Others After Spotting Suspicious Item On Her Windshield
- GoFundMe Set Up To Save Disabled Woman’s New Jersey Home
- Astronomers Discover 7 Earth-Like Planets Orbiting Nearby Star
- Study: Cat Ownership Not Linked To Mental Health Problems