NJ Law Enforcement Officer Accused Of Child Sexual Assault
BUENA BOROUGH, N.J. (CBS) – A special law enforcement officer of the Buena Borough Police Department was arrested Friday morning for official misconduct and child sexual assault, according to the Atlantic County Prosecutor.
After an investigation, Special Officer Sean Griffith, 24, was arrested and charged with official misconduct, sexual assault and endangering the welfare of a child.
The state alleges that Griffith committed the acts while holding a position of authority and power over a 17-year-old victim.
Griffith is being held in the Atlantic County Justice Facility in lieu of $100,000 cash or bond bail.
He is scheduled for arraignment on July 10.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office Special Victims Unit at 609-909-7972.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Local Students Experience Devastating Earthquake While Studying Abroad
- Bhutanese Refugees In Philadelphia Mourn For Victims Of Nepal Earthquake
- History Class On The Road For Group Of Philadelphia Sixth Graders
- Debate Over Raising Pennsylvania’s Minimum Wage Continues In State Capitol
- 2 Dead, 3 Injured In Crash Along I-295 In Gloucester County