NJ Law Enforcement Officer Accused Of Child Sexual Assault
BUENA BOROUGH, N.J. (CBS) – A special law enforcement officer of the Buena Borough Police Department was arrested Friday morning for official misconduct and child sexual assault, according to the Atlantic County Prosecutor.
After an investigation, Special Officer Sean Griffith, 24, was arrested and charged with official misconduct, sexual assault and endangering the welfare of a child.
The state alleges that Griffith committed the acts while holding a position of authority and power over a 17-year-old victim.
Griffith is being held in the Atlantic County Justice Facility in lieu of $100,000 cash or bond bail.
He is scheduled for arraignment on July 10.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office Special Victims Unit at 609-909-7972.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Middle School Band Teacher Accused Of Having Sexual Relationship With Teen
- 16-Year-Old In Police Custody, Accused Of Shooting 13-Year-Old Twice In Stomach
- Trump Plaza Shuts Down; 4th Atlantic City Casino To Close
- Woman Shot Three Times While Sitting On Front Steps
- Police: Man Shot And Killed By Girlfriend’s Father While Climbing Through Apartment Window