BUENA BOROUGH, N.J. (CBS) – A special law enforcement officer of the Buena Borough Police Department was arrested Friday morning for official misconduct and child sexual assault, according to the Atlantic County Prosecutor.
After an investigation, Special Officer Sean Griffith, 24, was arrested and charged with official misconduct, sexual assault and endangering the welfare of a child.
The state alleges that Griffith committed the acts while holding a position of authority and power over a 17-year-old victim.
Griffith is being held in the Atlantic County Justice Facility in lieu of $100,000 cash or bond bail.
He is scheduled for arraignment on July 10.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office Special Victims Unit at 609-909-7972.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Delaware County Hosts 16th Annual Centenarian Luncheon
- Borgata Designing New Venue For Sports Betting
- Some Philadelphia Researchers Are Using Microbubbles To Improve Cancer Treatments
- Southwest Crew Describes How Faith Pulled Them Through Chaos After Jet Engine Explosion
- Study: Young Women More Likely To Get Lung Cancer