PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – You don’t have to travel far from Philadelphia to reach one of the world’s best fresh markets.
CNN Travel has voted the Lancaster Central Market – the country’s oldest continually operating farmers’ market – one of the best on Earth.
The market, which is located in Lancaster, is cited for its fresh seafood, produce and flowers as well as “hearty baked breads.”
Others on the list include Barcelona’s La Boqueria, Union Square Farmers’ Market in New York City and several markets in Asia.
The Lancaster Central Market has been up and running since the early 1700s, and is located in Pennsylvania Dutch County about two hours from Philly.
To see the full CNN Travel list, click here.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Police: Man Charged For Eating Pancakes In Street
- Family In Court Battle With State To Officially Name Child ‘Allah’
- New Jersey Teen’s Tissue, Organ Donations Helped Save Nearly 100 Lives
- Young Girl Severely Burns Hands Making Homemade Slime
- ‘Devastating And Catastrophic Loss’: 33 Reptiles Mysteriously Die At Zoo