Lancaster County Market Voted One Of The Best In The World
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – You don’t have to travel far from Philadelphia to reach one of the world’s best fresh markets.
CNN Travel has voted the Lancaster Central Market – the country’s oldest continually operating farmers’ market – one of the best on Earth.
The market, which is located in Lancaster, is cited for its fresh seafood, produce and flowers as well as “hearty baked breads.”
Others on the list include Barcelona’s La Boqueria, Union Square Farmers’ Market in New York City and several markets in Asia.
The Lancaster Central Market has been up and running since the early 1700s, and is located in Pennsylvania Dutch County about two hours from Philly.
To see the full CNN Travel list, click here.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Just In Time For Made In America, Young Cancer Patient At CHOP Covers Jay Z In Hopes Of Meeting The Rapper
- 3 Philadelphia Creations On List Of America’s 15 Most Outrageous Foods
- Controversial Toronto Mayor Dances His Troubles Away
- 5 South Jersey Counties Make Top 15 In List Of Most Dangerous In The U.S.
- Bruce Springsteen Is Publishing A Children’s Book