PSPCA Rescues Dozens Of Ducks From Hot Van In Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Pennsylvania SPCA says it’s rescued 25 ducks found inside a hot van in Philadelphia’s Spring Garden section.
The animals were found inside the van on the 1000 block of Spring Garden Street on Tuesday.
The ducks were reportedly in crates inside the van without food and water and appeared to have been there at least a day. A passerby heard the animals “panting” inside the vehicle and called for help.
The van belongs to Q and Q Live Poultry Market in Spring Garden. Authorities have cited an employee who was caring for the ducks with one count of animal cruelty.
The PSPCA says the ducks will most likely end up on a farm.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- GoFundMe Site Set Up For Acclaimed Philly Chef Injured In Amtrak Derailment
- Study: Ongoing Symptoms Of Depression And A Person’s Risk Of Stroke Are Linked
- AAA: More Travelers Driving This Memorial Day Weekend, Likely Due To Low Gas Prices
- Study Claims Coffee Could Improve A Man’s Sex Life
- Bon Jovi Breaks Out Guitar At Rutgers University-Camden Commencement