By Bill Wine
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The ensemble comedy sequel, Think Like a Man Too, featuring Kevin Hart, earned an estimated $30–million on its debut weekend, grabbing the top spot at the box office even though it opened a bit softer than its predecessor.
That put it ahead of last weekend’s two high-flying, ticket-selling leaders, both also sequels, 22 Jump Street and How to Train Your Dragon 2.
Jump Street claimed a close-behind second place with a total of $29-million, while Dragon took a respectable third with $25–million.
The weekend’s other new mainstream release, Jersey Boys, the film version of the hit Broadway musical from director Clint Eastwood, finished a modest fourth with $14-million.
Overall, it was a relatively slow moviegoing weekend with industry-wide totals well below those of a year ago.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Jonathan Demme, Oscar-Winning Director Of ‘Silence Of The Lambs’ And ‘Philadelphia,’ Dies At 73
- Movie Review: ‘Free Fire’
- Richard Simmons Thanks Caregivers For Nursing Him Back To Health
- Weekend Box Office Report: ‘The Fate Of The Furious’ Finishes First Again
- Burt Reynolds Makes Rare Public Appearance At Film Festival