By Bill Wine
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The ensemble comedy sequel, Think Like a Man Too, featuring Kevin Hart, earned an estimated $30–million on its debut weekend, grabbing the top spot at the box office even though it opened a bit softer than its predecessor.
That put it ahead of last weekend’s two high-flying, ticket-selling leaders, both also sequels, 22 Jump Street and How to Train Your Dragon 2.
Jump Street claimed a close-behind second place with a total of $29-million, while Dragon took a respectable third with $25–million.
The weekend’s other new mainstream release, Jersey Boys, the film version of the hit Broadway musical from director Clint Eastwood, finished a modest fourth with $14-million.
Overall, it was a relatively slow moviegoing weekend with industry-wide totals well below those of a year ago.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Harvey Weinstein Arrested On Rape, Criminal Sex Act Charges
- Multiple Women Accuse Morgan Freeman Of Sexual Misconduct
- Rocky Goes To The White House: Stallone Thanks Trump For Pardoning Boxer Jack Johnson
- James Corden Takes ‘Late Late Show’ To London In June
- Several Women Accuse Actor Morgan Freeman Of Harassment, Inappropriate Behavior