Police: 2 Shot Inside Southwest Philly Home
By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police are investigating a double shooting inside a home in Philadelphia Thursday morning.
The shooting happened at about 9:20 a.m. inside a home in the 2000 block of South Simpson Street in Southwest Philadelphia.
According to investigators, a 33-year-old male was shot in the right side of his chest and was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition. A 34-year-old male shot in the right thigh and was also transported to HUP in stable condition.
Police say a suspect is in custody.
Police sources say a weapon was recovered at the scene.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Ice Bucket Challenge Donations Reach $22.9 Million To ALS Association
- Mo’ne Davis’ Mom: ‘I Never Thought This Whole Thing Would Blow Up Like This’
- Wilmington Man Charged With 4th DUI After Crash That Injured 3
- Del. Police Nab Suspect With 130 Bags Of Heroin Allegedly Stuffed In His Pants
- Police: Man Dressed As Wawa Employee Steals Hundreds In Cigarettes