Police: 2 Shot Inside Southwest Philly Home
By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police are investigating a double shooting inside a home in Philadelphia Thursday morning.
The shooting happened at about 9:20 a.m. inside a home in the 2000 block of South Simpson Street in Southwest Philadelphia.
According to investigators, a 33-year-old male was shot in the right side of his chest and was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition. A 34-year-old male shot in the right thigh and was also transported to HUP in stable condition.
Police say a suspect is in custody.
Police sources say a weapon was recovered at the scene.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Study: A College Staple Could Apparently Kill You
- Del. Daycare Provider Charged After Allegedly Leaving 2 Children Inside Car While She Went Shopping
- Owner Charged After 2 Donkeys Found Dumped Off The Road In New Jersey
- Lyft Gets Pa. Regulatory Nod…Except In Philly
- New Monmouth University Poll Finds ‘Deep Racial Divide’ On Alleged Racism In The Judicial Process