By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Britain’s Duchess Of Cambridge Goes Into Labor
- Police: Boy Riding Mini Bike With Father Struck, Killed By Suspected DUI Driver
- Vigil Held For Woman Who Died In Southwest Airlines Accident
- Hundred Attend Parade, Festival To Celebrate Israeli Independence
- Clean Air Run Celebrates Earth Day In Philadelphia