By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Chinese Lantern Festival Remained A Popular Spot Over Memorial Day Weekend
- Thousands Savor Trenton’s Pork Roll Festival, Or Is It Taylor Ham?
- Could Philadelphia Be The Next Hot Spot For International Soccer?
- Local Breweries Prepare For Upcoming Philly Beer Week
- Sources: Two Dogs Set On Fire In Chester County