By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Pair Accused Of Stealing Holiday Gifts Residents Left For Trash Collectors
- Net Neutrality Supporters Aim To ‘Break The Internet’
- Lingering Moisture Could Generate Multiple Snow Showers This Week
- Fate Of PA Children’s Health Insurance Program In Hands Of Congress
- Philly Organization Urges Others To Enroll For Health Insurance