By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- CBS 3 Talks With Montgomery County Swimmer Named SI’s SportsKid Of The Year
- Amnesty Vs. Arrest: SEPTA’s New Experiment
- In Advance Of Market St. Collapse Civil Case, Lawyers Argue Whether Griffin Campbell Should Testify
- Trump Takes Aim At Christie: ‘New Jerseyans Not Happy!’
- PA For Puerto Rico Join National Coalition To Pressure Lawmakers To Take Action On Island’s Debt Crisis