By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Senator Casey Campaigning In New Hampshire For Hillary Clinton
- Cab Driver Shot And Wounded In South Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Has A New Poet Laureate
- NJ Sales Tax Break A Big Deal At Atlantic City Boat Show
- Main Line Society of Professional Women To Host Event With Local New York Times Best-Selling Author