Male Pedestrian Fatally Struck By Car In Southwest Philly
By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Local Police Offer Parking Lot For Craigslist Transactions
- Protesters Against The Keystone XL Pipeline Greet President Obama As He Arrives In Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Flower Show To Celebrate The Movies This Year
- Mayor Speaks On Philadelphia Fire Department Investigation
- Research Finds Homeowners Living Close To Starbucks Have Seen Property Values Skyrocket