By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Philadelphia Public School Retired Employees Association Celebrates 70 Years Of Service
- Delaware Proposes 3 Sites For New Amazon Headquarters
- PA Lawmakers Propose Legislation To Punish Public Nuisances
- Coalition Reflects On Creating Philly’s Amazon HQ Bid
- Police: Dog Brought Into Vet To Be Euthanized Found Alive 5 Months Later