By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Police Continue To Look For Killer In Maple Shade Double Murder
- Officer-Involved Shooting Leaves Philadelphia Man Dead In Delaware
- North Carolina Lawmakers Announce Deal To End HB2 Standoff
- Therapy Chickens? Backyard Hen Brings Comfort To Many In Philly Area
- WEATHER BLOG: Sun Returns But Threat of Heavy Rain On The Way