By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Melania Trump’s Website Taken Down Amid Controversy
- ‘I’m Leaving The Democratic Party’…Last Day Of DNC Brings Final Tour Of Protests
- Cosby Drops Litigation Against Accuser In Sex Assault Case
- Black Men For Bernie Condemns Dems, Clinton During Rally In Center City
- Maryland Woman Pleads Guilty To Killing 5-Year-Old Son With Poison