Male Pedestrian Fatally Struck By Car In Southwest Philly
By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Businessman Sentenced For Illegal Oyster Trafficking
- Store Owner Stabbed In The Face During Robbery In Northeast Philly
- 7 Students Injured In School Bus-SUV Collision In Delaware
- Study: Suicide Rates Among Middle-Aged Adults Have Sharply Increased
- Late School Openings Wreak Havoc On Area Working Parents’ Morning Schedules