By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Foam Fills Center City Street After Explosion Leaves Thousands Without Power
- Fallen Officers Remembered At Wreath Laying Ceremonies Across Region
- Oakland Fire Kills At Least 9 People At Warehouse Party, Fire Chief Says
- Authorities: Coatesville Man Struck, Killed By Off-Duty DE Police Officer
- Lexibook Baby Bath Seats/Chairs Recalled Due To Drowning Hazard