By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Fallen Officers, Firefighters Remembered At Living Flame Memorial Service In Philadelphia
- Legislative Showdown Looms Over Financial Future Of Atlantic City
- Montco Teen Determined To Make Baseball Accessible To Kids With Special Needs
- Magee Rehabilitation Hospital Unveils Bionic Suit For Use With Stroke And Spinal Cord Injuries
- Report Calls Philadelphia One Of America’s Most Walkable Cities