Ben Franklin Bridge WB Reopens Following Accident
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An accident snarled westbound traffic on the Benjamin Franklin Bridge during the evening rush hour.
The accident was reported shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday at the midspan of the bridge. It appears one of the vehicles involved overturned.
All lanes were shut down as crews and police responded to the scene. All lanes has since reopened to traffic.
There is no word on injuries at this time.
As a result, I-676 northbound between Mickle Boulevard/Exit 5 and the Ben Franklin Bridge was jammed.
For the latest traffic information, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- City Officials Say Without Passage Of Cigarette Tax, Philadelphia Schools May Not Open On Time
- Regional Rail Service Suspended On West Trenton Line Due To Collision
- Person Struck And Killed By SEPTA Train In Delaware County
- Philadelphia Welcomes Woman Sentenced To Death in Sudan For Being Christian
- Southbound Lanes Of I-495 Reopen Today, Weeks Ahead Of Schedule