PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An accident snarled westbound traffic on the Benjamin Franklin Bridge during the evening rush hour.
The accident was reported shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday at the midspan of the bridge. It appears one of the vehicles involved overturned.
All lanes were shut down as crews and police responded to the scene. All lanes has since reopened to traffic.
There is no word on injuries at this time.
As a result, I-676 northbound between Mickle Boulevard/Exit 5 and the Ben Franklin Bridge was jammed.
For the latest traffic information, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Archbishop Charles Chaput Reacts To The Death Of Justice Antonin Scalia
- Woman Critical After Being Struck With Beer Bottle At Bar
- Demolition Next Door Puts Penn Museum On Shaky Ground
- Ursinus College To Resume Classes Monday Following Mysterious Illness
- Police: Two Men Pose As Utility Workers, Assault Woman In South Philadelphia