Ben Franklin Bridge WB Reopens Following Accident
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An accident snarled westbound traffic on the Benjamin Franklin Bridge during the evening rush hour.
The accident was reported shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday at the midspan of the bridge. It appears one of the vehicles involved overturned.
All lanes were shut down as crews and police responded to the scene. All lanes has since reopened to traffic.
There is no word on injuries at this time.
As a result, I-676 northbound between Mickle Boulevard/Exit 5 and the Ben Franklin Bridge was jammed.
For the latest traffic information, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- ‘Dark Money’ Disclosure Rules Now The Law In Philadelphia
- Dozens Of Child Support Offenders Arrested In Burlington County
- Philly U. Students Create School Products Designed To Help Their Peers
- Area Doctors Using New Procedure To Treat Rotator Cuff Tears
- Pa. Convention Center To Host International Convention Of The Knights Of Columbus