PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An accident snarled westbound traffic on the Benjamin Franklin Bridge during the evening rush hour.
The accident was reported shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday at the midspan of the bridge. It appears one of the vehicles involved overturned.
All lanes were shut down as crews and police responded to the scene. All lanes has since reopened to traffic.
There is no word on injuries at this time.
As a result, I-676 northbound between Mickle Boulevard/Exit 5 and the Ben Franklin Bridge was jammed.
For the latest traffic information, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Chris Christie Addresses New Jersey Opioid Abuse And Bridegate… Briefly
- Five-Below Announces Center City Headquarters Move
- It’s A Girl: Philadelphia Zoo Confirms Gender Of New Baby Gorilla
- Historic Park In Fishtown Gets A Half-Million Dollar Public-Private Renovation
- 2 Injured, 1 Critical After Double Shooting In Strawberry Mansion