Ben Franklin Bridge WB Reopens Following Accident
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An accident snarled westbound traffic on the Benjamin Franklin Bridge during the evening rush hour.
The accident was reported shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday at the midspan of the bridge. It appears one of the vehicles involved overturned.
All lanes were shut down as crews and police responded to the scene. All lanes has since reopened to traffic.
There is no word on injuries at this time.
As a result, I-676 northbound between Mickle Boulevard/Exit 5 and the Ben Franklin Bridge was jammed.
For the latest traffic information, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Mitchell & Ness Unveils Top-Selling Throwback Jerseys By State
- Debate Over NJ’s New Standardized Test Shifts From Classroom To Legislature
- Philadelphia School District ‘Lump Sum’ Budget Getting OK’d Despite Funding Holes
- Police Investigate Possible Abduction In Fairmount
- Philadelphia Coffee Shop With a Mission: Helping Former Foster Kids Bloom as Adults