Ben Franklin Bridge WB Reopens Following Accident
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An accident snarled westbound traffic on the Benjamin Franklin Bridge during the evening rush hour.
The accident was reported shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday at the midspan of the bridge. It appears one of the vehicles involved overturned.
All lanes were shut down as crews and police responded to the scene. All lanes has since reopened to traffic.
There is no word on injuries at this time.
As a result, I-676 northbound between Mickle Boulevard/Exit 5 and the Ben Franklin Bridge was jammed.
For the latest traffic information, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Pa. Trooper Ambush Suspect Added To FBI 10 Most Wanted List
- 2 Arrests Made In Assault Of Woman In Camden
- Jury Selection Continues For Trial Of Montco Man Accused Of Murdering Infant And Her Grandmother
- New Addition To Terror Behind The Walls At Eastern State Penitentiary
- Governor Christie Blasts Bridgegate Investigative Committee