Ben Franklin Bridge WB Reopens Following Accident
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An accident snarled westbound traffic on the Benjamin Franklin Bridge during the evening rush hour.
The accident was reported shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday at the midspan of the bridge. It appears one of the vehicles involved overturned.
All lanes were shut down as crews and police responded to the scene. All lanes has since reopened to traffic.
There is no word on injuries at this time.
As a result, I-676 northbound between Mickle Boulevard/Exit 5 and the Ben Franklin Bridge was jammed.
For the latest traffic information, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philadelphia Mayoral Candidates Square Off In Debate
- Police: 14-Year-Old Shot In Head In North Philadelphia
- Effort Underway To Designate Parking Spaces For Wounded Veterans
- Family, Friends Mourn After Accident Claims Life Of South Jersey Man
- An Unusual Opportunity To Be Screened For Brain Cancer Comes To Philadelphia