Ben Franklin Bridge WB Reopens Following Accident
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An accident snarled westbound traffic on the Benjamin Franklin Bridge during the evening rush hour.
The accident was reported shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday at the midspan of the bridge. It appears one of the vehicles involved overturned.
All lanes were shut down as crews and police responded to the scene. All lanes has since reopened to traffic.
There is no word on injuries at this time.
As a result, I-676 northbound between Mickle Boulevard/Exit 5 and the Ben Franklin Bridge was jammed.
For the latest traffic information, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Single Car Accident Closes City Ave From 54th To 59th Streets
- Row Home Fire Damages Five Houses, Forces 18 Out Of Homes
- What Happens When You Chew Gum Before Going Under Anesthesia?
- PA Supreme Court Scandal Leads To Calls For Statewide Court Reform
- 5 Years And $2 Billion Later, NJ Turnpike Expansion Is Finished