PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An accident snarled westbound traffic on the Benjamin Franklin Bridge during the evening rush hour.
The accident was reported shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday at the midspan of the bridge. It appears one of the vehicles involved overturned.
All lanes were shut down as crews and police responded to the scene. All lanes has since reopened to traffic.
There is no word on injuries at this time.
As a result, I-676 northbound between Mickle Boulevard/Exit 5 and the Ben Franklin Bridge was jammed.
For the latest traffic information, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- British Prime Minister Raises Terror Threat To Critical Following Attack
- 10 People Seated On Jury In Bill Cosby’s Sex Assault Trial
- Phi Psi Fraternity Offering Reward After Fire Near Rowan University
- Revolutionary Street Art Exhibit Pops Up Across Philly’s Historic District
- 6-Year-Old Boy Being Called Hero To Help Thwart Robbery Suspect