Ben Franklin Bridge WB Reopens Following Accident
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An accident snarled westbound traffic on the Benjamin Franklin Bridge during the evening rush hour.
The accident was reported shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday at the midspan of the bridge. It appears one of the vehicles involved overturned.
All lanes were shut down as crews and police responded to the scene. All lanes has since reopened to traffic.
There is no word on injuries at this time.
As a result, I-676 northbound between Mickle Boulevard/Exit 5 and the Ben Franklin Bridge was jammed.
For the latest traffic information, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- NJ Gov. Chris Christie Announces Run For President: ‘Both Parties Have Failed This Country’
- Pep Boys May Be Putting Itself Up For Sale
- Researchers: Sugary Drinks Tied To High Death Toll Worldwide
- Prisoner Advocacy Group Looks Toward Pope’s Visit To Philadelphia Prison With Hope
- How Men And Women Perceive Pain Differently