PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An accident snarled westbound traffic on the Benjamin Franklin Bridge during the evening rush hour.
The accident was reported shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday at the midspan of the bridge. It appears one of the vehicles involved overturned.
All lanes were shut down as crews and police responded to the scene. All lanes has since reopened to traffic.
There is no word on injuries at this time.
As a result, I-676 northbound between Mickle Boulevard/Exit 5 and the Ben Franklin Bridge was jammed.
For the latest traffic information, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Haas Family’s Villanova Estate To Be Preserved As Public Garden
- West Chester Man Creates Watchdog To Help Protect Children Online
- Cards Against Humanity Get Donald Trump-Themed Expansion Pack
- Fallen Officers, Firefighters Remembered At Living Flame Memorial Service In Philadelphia
- Legislative Showdown Looms Over Financial Future Of Atlantic City