By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Low income Bucks County residents can get free help to make sure their homes are warm and cozy when winter returns.
Saving energy dollars can be as easy as preventing the heat from escaping from your home, and Bucks County residents who qualify can get free energy audits to make sure they have enough insulation, have no cracks around windows and ensure the heating system is working properly.
Chris Kroszner, Weatherization Program Manager for the Bucks County opportunity council says step one is a home inspection.
“We write a work order, we send it out to a contractor that is trained and certified by the state. They do the work and when they’re are completed with their work, again the auditor goes out and inspects the work that he ordered and makes sure it all goes up to standard.”
There is no cost to the resident. For more information, call 215-345-3309.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Museums A Popular Family Alternative To Shopping The Day After Thanksgiving
- Turing Reneges On Drug Price Cut, Rival’s Version Sells Well
- Fatal Fire In Nicetown Section Of Philadelphia
- Black Friday Madness A Game For Some
- Liver Transplant Recipient Shown Comfort At The Gift Of Life House Pays It Forward For Thanksgiving