PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Employees in Philadelphia aren’t so satisfied with their jobs.
Of the 50 largest U.S. cities, Philadelphia came in 34th for employee satisfaction.
On a scale of 1 (very dissatisfied) to 5 (very satisfied), Philadelphia’s average for overall employment satisfaction was 3.2.
Satisfaction with compensation and benefits was even lower, at 3.1.
The most satisfied employees live in San Jose, CA; followed by San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
Still, there is some good news: Philly has the 10th highest number of employers hiring according to a CBS News analysis of the Employee Satisfaction Report Card. The University of Pennsylvania, CHOP and tech company SAP are reportedly some of the most highly rated companies to work for.
To see more on the GlassDoor.com report, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- PSCPA Celebrates National Dog Day With Discounted Adoption Fees
- Police: Homeless Man Found Shot To Death In Coatesville
- On Women’s Equality Day, A Look Back At The Early Fight For Equal Rights
- New Option On The Way For Regional Rail Riders Affected By Train Car Shortage
- 3 On Your Side Recall Roundup: Dangerous Microwave Ovens, Strollers, And Toys