PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Employees in Philadelphia aren’t so satisfied with their jobs.
Of the 50 largest U.S. cities, Philadelphia came in 34th for employee satisfaction.
On a scale of 1 (very dissatisfied) to 5 (very satisfied), Philadelphia’s average for overall employment satisfaction was 3.2.
Satisfaction with compensation and benefits was even lower, at 3.1.
The most satisfied employees live in San Jose, CA; followed by San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
Still, there is some good news: Philly has the 10th highest number of employers hiring according to a CBS News analysis of the Employee Satisfaction Report Card. The University of Pennsylvania, CHOP and tech company SAP are reportedly some of the most highly rated companies to work for.
To see more on the GlassDoor.com report, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Camden Officials Announce New Community Benefit Agreement Between Renaissance Schools, Neighborhoods
- Woman Convicted In Center City Attack On Gay Couple Sentenced To Jail
- Phila. Officials Announce Effort To Save Money, Create Jobs By Making City Buildings More Energy Efficient
- Update: Family Of Missing Montgomery Girl Offering Reward
- Chipotle Closes For Several Hours So Workers Can Get Food Safety Lecture