PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Employees in Philadelphia aren’t so satisfied with their jobs.
Of the 50 largest U.S. cities, Philadelphia came in 34th for employee satisfaction.
On a scale of 1 (very dissatisfied) to 5 (very satisfied), Philadelphia’s average for overall employment satisfaction was 3.2.
Satisfaction with compensation and benefits was even lower, at 3.1.
The most satisfied employees live in San Jose, CA; followed by San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
Still, there is some good news: Philly has the 10th highest number of employers hiring according to a CBS News analysis of the Employee Satisfaction Report Card. The University of Pennsylvania, CHOP and tech company SAP are reportedly some of the most highly rated companies to work for.
To see more on the GlassDoor.com report, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Study: Facebook Can Actually Make Us More Narrow-Minded
- Utility Companies Brace For Heavy Rain, Gale-Force Winds
- NJ Woman Convicted Of Killing Boyfriend With Fireplace Poker
- Prisoner Captured After Escaping Police Custody In New Jersey
- Open Tryout Gives Athletes Chance To Score Spot On Philadelphia Soul