Job Satisfaction Lagging In Philadelphia, According To New Report
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Employees in Philadelphia aren’t so satisfied with their jobs.
Of the 50 largest U.S. cities, Philadelphia came in 34th for employee satisfaction.
On a scale of 1 (very dissatisfied) to 5 (very satisfied), Philadelphia’s average for overall employment satisfaction was 3.2.
Satisfaction with compensation and benefits was even lower, at 3.1.
The most satisfied employees live in San Jose, CA; followed by San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
Still, there is some good news: Philly has the 10th highest number of employers hiring according to a CBS News analysis of the Employee Satisfaction Report Card. The University of Pennsylvania, CHOP and tech company SAP are reportedly some of the most highly rated companies to work for.
To see more on the GlassDoor.com report, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Defense Prosecutors In Craigslist Murder Trial Suggest Investigators Planted Evidence
- Crews Battle 2-Alarm Building Fire In Old City
- Philly Techies Attempt To Save Hitchhiking Robot, HitchBOT
- New NJ Child Passenger Safety Laws To Go Into Effect September 1
- FBI Names Counterterrorism Veteran To Lead Philadelphia