By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. (CBS) — A deadly fire in New Jersey early Friday morning is being investigated as a homicide.
The fire started at about 3 a.m. inside a home in the 400 block of Doughty Road in Pleasantville, New Jersey.
According to fire officials, the fire was placed under control in approximately 45 minutes. During a secondary search of the home, firefighters found the body of an unidentified male.
Fire officials said one firefighter was taken to an area hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The deadly fire remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- ‘Double Dipping’ Ends For Most Burlington County Government Workers
- Iconic ’80s Toy Bear Teddy Ruxpin Is Back
- The Krispy Kreme Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Doughnut
- Life In Prison For Sudanese Refugee Convicted In Stabbing Death Of Co-Worker At Montco Meat-Packing Plant
- Mayor Kenney Urges Young People To Vote At Community College Of Philadelphia Event