By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. (CBS) — A deadly fire in New Jersey early Friday morning is being investigated as a homicide.
The fire started at about 3 a.m. inside a home in the 400 block of Doughty Road in Pleasantville, New Jersey.
According to fire officials, the fire was placed under control in approximately 45 minutes. During a secondary search of the home, firefighters found the body of an unidentified male.
Fire officials said one firefighter was taken to an area hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The deadly fire remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Study: Women Attracted To Men Who Resemble Their Brothers
- Ring Bought At Garage Sale For $13 Valued Nearly $500,000
- Man Who Spent 24 Years Behind Bars For Crime He Didn’t Commit Has Conviction Vacated
- Police: Man Commits Suicide After Pregnant Ex-Girlfriend Found Dead In Suspicious Fire
- 8 People Now Seated On Jury In Bill Cosby’s Sex Assault Case