By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. (CBS) — A deadly fire in New Jersey early Friday morning is being investigated as a homicide.
The fire started at about 3 a.m. inside a home in the 400 block of Doughty Road in Pleasantville, New Jersey.
According to fire officials, the fire was placed under control in approximately 45 minutes. During a secondary search of the home, firefighters found the body of an unidentified male.
Fire officials said one firefighter was taken to an area hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The deadly fire remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Winning Numbers To $758 Million Powerball Jackpot Announced
- Police Make Arrest After Swastikas Found In Coatesville; Suspect Wanted In Delaware
- $35,000 Reward Offered In 2016 Murder Of Chester County Woman
- Sen. Whelan Died From Heart Attack; Was Prepping For Netflix Interview About AC
- Delaware’s Punkin Chunkin Contest Canceled Amid Pending Lawsuit