By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. (CBS) — A deadly fire in New Jersey early Friday morning is being investigated as a homicide.
The fire started at about 3 a.m. inside a home in the 400 block of Doughty Road in Pleasantville, New Jersey.
According to fire officials, the fire was placed under control in approximately 45 minutes. During a secondary search of the home, firefighters found the body of an unidentified male.
Fire officials said one firefighter was taken to an area hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The deadly fire remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Daredevil Photographers Go To Dangerous Heights For Perfect Shot
- Barnegat Township Schools Set To Open As Search For Escaped Inmate Continues
- Sports Legends Of Delaware County Museum Gets New Home
- Homebrew Competition Of Biblical Proportions Set For This Weekend
- #TechInColor Hosts Annual Philly Tech Week Event