By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. (CBS) — A deadly fire in New Jersey early Friday morning is being investigated as a homicide.
The fire started at about 3 a.m. inside a home in the 400 block of Doughty Road in Pleasantville, New Jersey.
According to fire officials, the fire was placed under control in approximately 45 minutes. During a secondary search of the home, firefighters found the body of an unidentified male.
Fire officials said one firefighter was taken to an area hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The deadly fire remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: Two Men Pose As Utility Workers, Assault Woman In South Philadelphia
- Drexel University Encourages Employees To Stand Up For Their Health
- Analysis: Christie Faces Challenges As He Returns To Full-Time Governing In New Jersey
- Valentine’s Day Can Be Dangerous Day For Pets
- All Of I-78 Now Open To Traffic After Deadly Pileup In Lebanon County