By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. (CBS) — A deadly fire in New Jersey early Friday morning is being investigated as a homicide.
The fire started at about 3 a.m. inside a home in the 400 block of Doughty Road in Pleasantville, New Jersey.
According to fire officials, the fire was placed under control in approximately 45 minutes. During a secondary search of the home, firefighters found the body of an unidentified male.
Fire officials said one firefighter was taken to an area hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The deadly fire remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Students, Seniors Collaborate On ‘Ageless’ Art
- Philly’s Underground Dirt Bike Community Exposed In New Documentary
- Philadelphia Celebrates World Heritage City Status
- Wolf Signs Bill Putting Secondary Schools Under PA Anti-Hazing Law
- NJ Legislator Argues State Gas Tax Doesn’t Have To Go Up To Fund Transportation