By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. (CBS) — A deadly fire in New Jersey early Friday morning is being investigated as a homicide.
The fire started at about 3 a.m. inside a home in the 400 block of Doughty Road in Pleasantville, New Jersey.
According to fire officials, the fire was placed under control in approximately 45 minutes. During a secondary search of the home, firefighters found the body of an unidentified male.
Fire officials said one firefighter was taken to an area hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The deadly fire remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- New Philly Restrictions On Where Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Can Go May Be Too Late
- Philly Synagogue Tackling Problem Of Summer Hunger
- Weekend Box Office Report: ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Finishes First
- Takata, Brought Down By Airbag Crisis, Files For Bankruptcy
- Much Up In The Air As PA Budget Deadline Looms