By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. (CBS) — A deadly fire in New Jersey early Friday morning is being investigated as a homicide.
The fire started at about 3 a.m. inside a home in the 400 block of Doughty Road in Pleasantville, New Jersey.
According to fire officials, the fire was placed under control in approximately 45 minutes. During a secondary search of the home, firefighters found the body of an unidentified male.
Fire officials said one firefighter was taken to an area hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The deadly fire remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- SEPTA Police Announce 10 Arrests In Connection With Subway Station Brawl
- 2 Philly Pizzerias Named On List Of Best Pizza Places In Country
- Eat Or Learn? South Jersey University Seeks To End That Choice For Some Students
- Bus Goes Up In Flames On Schuylkill Expressway
- FCC Presents Early Findings On Why Some AT&T Customers Couldn’t Dial 911