Deadly House Fire In Pleasantville Investigated As A Homicide
By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. (CBS) — A deadly fire in New Jersey early Friday morning is being investigated as a homicide.
The fire started at about 3 a.m. inside a home in the 400 block of Doughty Road in Pleasantville, New Jersey.
According to fire officials, the fire was placed under control in approximately 45 minutes. During a secondary search of the home, firefighters found the body of an unidentified male.
Fire officials said one firefighter was taken to an area hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The deadly fire remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- In First Local Appearance, Congressman Fattah Addresses Federal Indictment Charges
- Defense Prosecutors In Craigslist Murder Trial Suggest Investigators Planted Evidence
- Crews Battle 2-Alarm Building Fire In Old City
- Philly Techies Attempt To Save Hitchhiking Robot, HitchBOT
- New NJ Child Passenger Safety Laws To Go Into Effect September 1