PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Tracy Morgan is showing signs of improvement following a six-vehicle accident on the New Jersey Turnpike (See Previous Story).
Morgan’s publicist, Lewis Kay, issued the following statement on Thursday:
“Today was a better day. While Tracy remains in critical, but stable, condition, he continues to show signs of improvement. His medical team remains optimistic that his recovery is progressing. Megan remains by his side and is relaying the countless good wishes and prayers that his family, friends and fans have been sending their way.
In addition, Jeff’s wife asked us to pass along that Jeff has also shown much improvement over the past few days. She is very thankful for the love and support she and their family continue to receive.”
Morgan, a former ‘Saturday Night Live’ and ’30 Rock’ star, was returning from a show at The Rollins Center at Dover Downs in Delaware at the time of the accident.
Comedian James McNair, 63, was killed in the crash and two others were injured, Jeffery Millea, 37, and Ardie Fuqua Jr. (See Previous Story).
WATCH: Funeral Services Held For Comedian James McNair
Mourners paid their respects to McNair today in Peekskill, New York.
The truck driver charged in the accident, Kevin Roper, has pleaded not guilty to death by auto and assault by auto charges (See Previous Story).
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Man Who Spent 24 Years Behind Bars For Crime He Didn’t Commit Has Conviction Vacated
- Police: Man Commits Suicide After Pregnant Ex-Girlfriend Found Dead In Suspicious Fire
- 8 People Now Seated On Jury In Bill Cosby’s Sex Assault Case
- Creato’s Defense Attorney Calls Investigators Lazy, Did Poor Job During Closing Arguments Of Murder Trial
- Police Release Surveillance Video In Shooting Of Father, 2-Year-Old Son