Man Injured In Freak Firework Accident Inside Germantown Home
By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A man was rushed to the hospital after a firecracker exploded in his hand inside a Philadelphia home early Wednesday morning.
At about 4 a.m., police were called to a home in the 100 block of W. Queen Lane near Greene Street in the city’s Germantown section.
According to investigators, the 54-year-old man was holding an M-80 firework in his right hand when it exploded.
The male was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center where he is listed in stable condition. The extent of the man’s injuries was not immediately known.
The incident remains under investigation.