For more information, visit: http://dietzandwatson.com/
Corned Beef Egg Rolls
By Walter Staib
Makes 4 egg rolls; serves 4
Eight 12-inch egg roll wrappers
4 teaspoons Dietz & Watson® Sandwich Spread
12 ounce Dietz & Watson® First Cut NY Brand Corned Beef Brisket, shaved finely
4 ounces Dietz & Watson® Lacey Swiss, shaved
2 cups Dietz & Watson® Sauerkraut, rinsed and completely dry
Dietz & Watson® Stone Ground Mustard, 4 teaspoons for filling plus more for dipping
2 tablespoons butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 quart vegetable oil for frying
Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Layer two egg roll wrappers on top of each other flat on a work surface.
- Spread evenly 1 teaspoon each of Dietz & Watson® sandwich spread & stone ground mustard on each doubled wrapper.
- Place ½ cup of the sauerkraut. (If your sauerkraut seems wet, pat dry with a paper towel before adding to wrapper; otherwise the egg roll will fall apart.) Top with 3 ounces of the finely shaved Dietz & Watson® Corned Beef & 1 ounce of Dietz & Watson® Lacey Swiss.
- Heavily brush the edges of the egg roll wrapper with the beaten egg. Begin rolling the wrapper tightly around the filling. Halfway up, fold in the sides, then continue to roll the rest of the way. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat the oil to 350°F in a large, high-sided pot. Gently drop in the egg rolls and fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and drain on a towel. Slice on a bias.
- Serve with Dietz & Watson® Stone Ground Mustard for dipping.
Doubling the wrappers & a heavy egg wash helps ensure the egg rolls will not burst when frying.