Community Cancellations For Friday, Feb. 14th
Get Breaking News First
CBS Philly has received the following community cancellations for Friday, February 14, 2014:
(Alphabetical by name of organization — use your browser’s “search” function to find a particular event.)
- Abington (Montgomery County), Pa. has a snow emergency in effect through 10am.
- Academy of Natural Sciences, on Logan Circle, will open at noon.
- Brandywine River Museum opens at noon.
- Bucks County Transport is closed.
- Camden County (NJ) Superior Court will open at 10:30am.
- Caernarvon Township (Berks County), Pa., has declared a snow emergency through Saturday morning.
- Carousel House Sweetheart dance in West Philadelphia has been canceled.
- Chandler Hall in Newtown, Pa. has closed today’s adult day program.
- Cheltenham Township (Montgomery County): snow emergency. Government Day is canceled.
- Chester County Government will open two hours late.
- Coatesville (Chester County), Pa. has a snow emergency in effect through 6pm.
- Collegeville (Montgomery County), Pa.: snow emergency through noon.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. Quaker City Alumni Chapter has cancelled its scholarship workshop at the Crowne Plaza on City Line Ave. for Saturday.
- Esperanza Health Center in North Philadelphia will open all locations at 10am.
- Falls Township (Bucks County) has declared a snow emergency through 9am Saturday. No vehicles are to be left parked on any street during this time period.
- Franconia Township (Montgomery County) has a snow emergency through noon Saturday.
- Frankie’s World Medical Daycare in Northern Liberties is closed.
- Honey Brook Borough (Chester County), Pa., has declared a snow emergency through 6am.
- Independence National Historic Park attractions are opening at noon today.
- Joseph Wagman Daycare in Wayne’s Town NJ is closed.
- Kennett Square borough has a snow emergency through 6am.
- Lower Frederick Township (Montgomery County) has declared a snow emergency ending 9am.
- Lower Makefield (Bucks County) has opened its emergency management center. The phone number is 215-493-4055. Snow emergency effective until further notice.
- Lower Moreland (Montgomery County): snow emergency through noon.
- Lower Providence Township (Montgomery County) has declared a snow emergency through 8pm.
- Mount Airy United Fellowship has canceled services on Friday and has canceled all classes for Saturday.
- National Active and Retired Federal Employees Chapter 31 has cancelled its general meeting.
- New Britain Township (Bucks County): Storm emergency in effect though 9pm. Parking ban on township roadways instituted until further notice.
- New Jersey: delayed opening of 10:30 a.m. for all non-essential state employees.
- Newtown Township (Bucks County): snow emergency through noon Sunday. Emergency operation center will be open.
- North Light Community Center, in Manayunk, is closed today, with all activities canceled.
- North Penn Baptist Church in Philadelphia has canceled its church meeting on Saturday.
- North Wales (Montgomery County), Pa. has declared a snow emergency through 8pm.
- Philadelphia has a snow emergency in effect. All cars parked along snow emergency routes must be moved. See trash collection announcement below.
- Philadelphia courts and city offices for non-essential employees are closed today.
- Planned Parenthood of Southern NJ will open at 9:30am.
- Pottstown, Pa. Family Services Meals on Wheels will be delivering two hours late today.
- Ringling Bros. Circus has canceled Friday morning performances in South Philadelphia. Ticketholders may obtain refunds through the outlet where they obtained the tickets.
- Sarahcare Adult Daycare Center in Montgomery County is closed.
- Schwenksville, Pa. has issued a snow emergency through 9am.
- Social Security Administration in Philadelphia will open at 10am.
- Solebury Township (Bucks County): snow emergency through 1am.
- Telford Borough (Montgomery County): snow emergency through 6pm.
- Tredyffrin Township (Chester County): snow emergency through 6am.
- Upper Merion Township (Montgomery County): snow emergency through 6pm.
- West Conshocken (Montgomery County): snow emergency in effect through 8pm.
- West Norriton Township (Montgomery County): snow emergency through noon.
- West Pottsgrove Township (Montgomery County), Pa. has a snow emergency in effect until noon.
- City of Wilmington is be closed.
In Philadelphia: Trash collections are suspended Friday. Despite Monday being a holiday, trash will be collected. Also, no rear driveway collections next week; residents must set materials at the curb for pickup.
In Wilmington: Sanitation collection scheduled for Friday on the west of I-95 is canceled.
Copyright 2014, KYW Newsradio 1060
If an event you are interested in is not listed here, contact the organization directly to determine its status.
If your nonprofit organization is canceling an event that was open to the public, please call the KYW Newsradio newsroom at 215-238-7600.