eye-3-yellow-3d-2-new-logo philly_kyw_new philly_94wip_new 35h_cbssportsrad_philly philly_wpht_new
NOW LIVE: Eyewitness News: Watch Live Stream

Local

Chester County Hospitals See Dozens Of Patients With Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

(credit: Chris May)

(credit: Chris May)

CBS Philly (con't)

Affordable Care Act Updates: CBSPhilly.com/ACA

Health News & Information: CBSPhilly.com/Health

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

PHILADELPHIA (CBS)—A family of five from New Garden Township had to be rushed to the hospital following Wednesday’s winter storm to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

The family was attempting to heat their home with a charcoal grill.

A second case of CO poisoning was reported in West Bradford Township. A mother and daughter were powering their home using a portable generator that was placed in their sun room. They also had to be rushed to the hospital for treatment.

Chester County Emergency Management says so far they have 25 cases, including the seven mentioned above, of carbon monoxide poisoning. Most of the cases involved gas grills or gas powered generators being used to heat homes.

Authorities urge residents to not use gas grills or generators inside.