By Melony Roy
Foursquare partners with Microsoft…
Foursquare and Microsoft are teaming up for dollars are data. Microsoft is investing $15 million into the location-based service. The four-year licensing deal will incorporate Foursquare’s data into Microsoft’s web and mobile platforms.
The deal is Foursquare’s latest move to step up its monetization efforts. Last week , Foursquare announced a partnership with GrubHub Seamless.
Netflix series renewed…
The Netflix series “House of Cards” has been renewed for a third season. The show has served trailblazer for online- only TV with its first season it earned nine Emmy nominations and four Golden Globe nominations including a win for actress Robin Wright.
Season two of “House of Cards” debuts on February 14th.
Social Media brands are most followed on Twitter…
Social media profiles continue to dominate Twitter’s most followed brands, accounting for six of the first seven spots.
According to Twitter Counter, @Youtube remains #1 with its close to 40 million followers (39,032,438), @Instagram is second with 30,580,781, and the official @Twitter profile come in third with 28,675,525 followers.
The Top 20 Brands On Twitter
1. YouTube (@YouTube, 39,032,438 followers)
2. Instagram (@instagram, 30,580,781)
3. Twitter (@twitter, 28,675,525)
4. CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk, 15,298,299)
5. Twitter en español (@twitter_es, 13,681,003)
6. Facebook (@Facebook, 13,443,939)
7. CNN (@cnn, 11,653,938)
8. UberSocial (@UberSoc, 11,248,738)
9. FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona, 11,035,246)
10. The New York Times (@nytimes, 10,832,547)
11. MTV (@MTV, 10,420,040)
12. Real Madrid F.C. (@realmadrid, 10,058,112)
13. NBA (@NBA, 9,248,845)
14. TwitPic (@twitpic, 9,016,448)
15. ESPN (@espn, 8,791,174)
16. BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking, 8,658,276)
17. A Googler (@google, 7,974,450)
18. Ramalan Indonesia (@TweetRAMALAN, 7,848,470)
19. Funny Or Die (@funnyordie, 7,785,564)
20. Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile, 7,146,967)
Follow KYW social media editor Melony Roy @MelonyRoy.