Closings Arguments Scheduled In Machete Attack Near Pennsylvania High School
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) — Closing arguments are scheduled Wednesday in the aggravated assault trial of a man accused of having tried to cut off a teenager’s hand with a machete outside a Pennsylvania high school last year.
Twenty-one-year-old Juan Boron took the stand on Tuesday in Luzerne County to deny that he was involved in the February 2012 fight outside GAR High School in Wilkes-Barre.
Prosecutors allege that Borbon swung a machete at the 15-year-old victim, nearly cutting off the 10th grade student’s hand during a melee between two groups of young people.
Borbon said through an interpreter that he was getting sandwiches at a nearby store for himself and his pregnant girlfriend at the time.
Authorities said the brawl stemmed from tensions between black students and Dominican students at the school.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)