eye-3-yellow-3d-2-new-logo philly_kyw_new philly_94wip_new 35h_cbssportsrad_philly philly_wpht_new
NOW LIVE: Eyewitness News: Watch Live Stream

News

Girl, 14, Dies After Inhaling Computer Cleaner

(Credit: Thinkstock)

(Credit: Thinkstock)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A 14-year-old Los Angeles honors student has died after inhaling a computer keyboard dust cleaner, apparently to get high.

Her parents have told local news media that Aria Doherty died Monday night of an apparent heart attack. She attended Nobel Charter Middle School in Northridge, which sent grief counselors to campus Wednesday.

Her sister found her in bed with a can of compressed air cleaning product attached to her mouth.

Richard and Carolyn Doherty tell KCBS-TV that they’d warned their daughter about drug use.

It’s the latest death from huffing, a popular practice with youngsters in which various household substances are inhaled to become intoxicated.

(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 31,329 other followers