Layoff Notice Withdrawn For Trump Plaza Employees
Get Breaking News First
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) — Atlantic City’s Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino has withdrawn layoff notices that recently went out to more than 1,400 employees.
The Press of Atlantic City reported the decision on Saturday, but said it was not clear why the notices were withdrawn. They had been issued earlier this month.
Officials had said the notices were a formality in advance of the sale of Trump Plaza to the Meruelo Group for $20 million. State law requires 60 days’ notice of closings and layoffs.
Meruelo Group president Xavier Gutierrez has told the newspaper that the company intends to keep most Trump Plaza employees. But he has declined to go into detail about its plans.
The sale is expected to close in May.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)