Local

Gas Leak Forces Evacuation Of Elementary School In Darby

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up


DARBY, Pa. (CBS) – A school in Delaware County was evacuated due to a gas leak Wednesday morning.

The incident happened at Walnut Street Elementary in the 200 block of S. 6th Street in Darby.

According to officials, students inside the school were evacuated and sent to other schools as a precaution. There were no reports of any injuries.

PECO workers were at the school attempting to fix the gas leak. The incident reportedly began as a hissing sound from the school’s boiler room.

Officials say the gas leak occurred while work was being done on a boiler.

School officials say the repairs were completed by lunchtime and students were allowed to return. They will be dismissed from school at the normal time.

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 33,135 other followers