By Jim Melwert
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two tickets hit the nearly-600-million-dollar Powerball jackpot last night, one bought in Missouri, the other in Arizona. But don’t throw your tickets away just yet, there are some lucrative consolation prizes.
Start off with the winning numbers: 5, 16, 22, 23, 29 and Powerball of 6.
Lottery officials say, with over 560-million tickets sold, they expected three tickets to hit the jackpot, instead, Multi-State lottery Assocation spokeswoman Sue Dooley says it’s quite a pay-day for the two winning tickets:
“They will actually split an annuitized value of 587.5-million dollars, or the cash value for that is 384-million.”
That comes out — per ticket — to just under 294 million for the annuity, or a one-time payment of 192-million each for the cash value.
But, while those jackpot tickets weren’t bought around here, some million dollar tickets were — eight in New Jersey and three in Pennsylvania.
Nationwide, 58 tickets hit for $1-million dollars and there were eight winners of two million dollars.
Nearly half a million people in New Jersey won something. Lottery officials say most of them matched the Powerball number, which is worth $4.
The eight New Jersey tickets were sold at the following locations:
- Bally’s Park Place, Park Place & Boardwalk, Gift Shop, Atlantic City, Atlantic County
- Hess Express #30516, 2295 Route 4 East, Fort Lee, Bergen County
- 7-Eleven 312883, 476 Grand Ave., Englewood, Bergen County
- Sunset Deli & Liquor, 680 Kearny Ave., Kearny, Hudson County
- Corner Store 286249, 832 Broadway, Bayonne, Hudson County
- Danforth Deli 254614, 8A Rose Ave., Jersey City, Hudson County
- Kary Candy & Wash 165565, 807 Bergenline Ave., Union City, Hudson County
- Fleet Petroleum 313682, 1505 River Ave., Lakewood, Ocean County