Local

Police: Fumes From Generator Sickens Bucks County Family

policelight

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

By Steve Beck

NEW HOPE, Pa. (CBS) – A Bucks County family was hospitalized after being sickened by fumes from a generator.

The incident happened early Wednesday morning at a home on Hillcrest Lane in New Hope.

According to authorities, the family was using a generator due to the loss of power as a result of superstorm Sandy.

Authorities say four family members, including two children, were taken to St. Mary Medical Center in Langhorne. Their conditions were not immediately available, but they were reportedly semi-conscious.

With the loss of power for many in the region forcing many to use generators to power their homes, authorities want to remind homeowners to not use generators in the garage, or near a vent or a window.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 33,053 other followers