By Steve Beck, Al Novack
HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS) – Investigators believe a candle is to blame for a fire that destroyed a home in Atlantic County early Tuesday morning.
The fire started at about 1:40 a.m. inside a home in the 6400 block of Garfield Avenue in Hamilton Township, New Jersey.
According to fire officials, the fire was started by a candle that the homeowner was burning because of power outages. Authorities say the home has been without power since the powerful storms this past weekend.
All the residents inside the home were able to safely escape.
Fire officials say the home was completely destroyed as a result of the fire.