Chef Walter For Deborah Heart And Lung Center
For more information on Chef Walter for Deborah Heart and Lung Center, simply visit this link.
By Walter Staib
1/3 cup skinned & finely diced Yukon Gold potato
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 egg whites, beaten
1 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon stemmed and finely chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as 30% lower sodium Old Bay
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
2 ears white corn, grilled, kernels cut from the cob
1 pound cooked lobster meat, diced
Spicy Tomato Fresco
2 vine-ripened or heirloom tomatoes, seeded and diced into 1/4 inch cubes
1/2 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
About 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1 small clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1/4 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Chervil sprigs, for garnish
1. To make the fritters, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and carefully add the potato. Cook just until al dente, then drain and set aside to cool completely.
2. In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion. Sauté until translucent, then set aside to cool completely.
3. Combine all remaining ingredients except for the onion, corn, lobster and potatoes, in a large mixing bowl, whisking until smooth. Gently fold in the reserved potatoes, corn and lobster.
4. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Drop the batter into the pan by the tablespoonful, using enough batter in each drop to make 12 (2-inch fritters). Cook for 1-2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat until all batter is used up.
5. To prepare the spicy tomato fresco, combine the tomatoes, onion, basil, and garlic in a large bowl, toss with the vinegar to coat, and season with pepper and red pepper flakes.
6. To serve, place two fritters on each plate and top each fritter with a portion of the spicy tomato fresco. Garnish with chervil and diced red pepper.