Levittown House Fire Kills Handicapped Man, Injures Grandfather
Get Breaking News First
By Al Novack, Steve Beck
LEVITTOWN, Pa. (CBS) – A fire in Falls Township’s Levittown section has claimed the life of a handicapped man and sent his grandfather to the hospital.
Falls Township fire officials say the fire moved quickly through the home. It broke out around 1 a.m. inside the two-story split-level home along Everturn Lane.
It took firefighters nearly an hour to extinguish the blaze. Once it was under control, crews found the handicapped man, believed to be in his 30s, dead. He was apparently trapped inside the home during the fire.
The victim’s grandfather was initially trapped in the home too, but firefighters were able to rescue him. The grandfather, believed to be in his 80s, was taken to Temple University Hospital in an unknown condition.
Fire authorities believe overloaded extension cords may have started the fire.