By Jim Donovan: The Campaign for Working Families is once again offering FREE tax filing assistance so that struggling families do not have to pay sky-high fees to commercial tax preparers.

The Campaign’s services are available to families earning $50,000 or less, and to individuals earning $20,000 or less. A list of the 11 locations and hours of service of the Campaign’s free tax sites are available on the website or call 311. Taxes are prepared by IRS-certified volunteers.

The Campaign offers e-filing, direct deposit, U.S. Savings Bonds, FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) completion, and public benefits applications.

Please bring all of the documents listed below that apply to you when you visit one of The Campaign for Working Families free tax preparation locations.

•W-2s and other wage statements you and your spouse received from all your employers for the previous tax year.
•Social Security cards for yourself and everyone in the household that you support, including your spouse, and children, grandchildren, relatives and foster children.
•The dates of birth for all people you are claiming as dependents.
•Your driver’s license or other state issued photo ID card, and for spouse if applicable.
•Last year’s tax return, if you have one, as well as any additional items (such as mortgage statements) that you think may impact your tax return, even if you are not sure.
•If you received any 1099 forms during the previous year, bring them. You may have 1099 forms if you received income from Social Security, Railroad Retirement, Unemployment, Interest, or Dividend Income.
•If you paid for child care in the past year, bring your receipts or co-pay statement for the previous year, including the social security number or EIN of your day care provider, the provider name, and the day care address.
•If you received any advance child tax credit payments in the previous year, bring in Notice 1319, showing proof of the amount received.
•If you paid for higher education, such as college or a trade school, bring form 1098-T showing evidence of payment along with amounts spent on books and other required supplies or equipment (laptops, etc.).
•If you would like to get your refund by direct deposit, bring a blank check from your bank account.
•If filing jointly, both filer and spouse must be present to sign.

Watch & Listen LIVE