Police: Carbon Monoxide To Blame In Death Of Abington Woman And Dog

ABINGTON, Pa. (CBS) – A woman and her dog were killed Friday following an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in an Abington home, according to police.

At about 1 p.m., authorities were called out to a home in the 1800 block of Chester Avenue for reports of fumes. Upon their arrival, they found the unidentified woman and her dog unresponsive and a car left running inside a closed garage.

Their death is under investigation.

Top Content On CBSPhilly

  • Vanessa

    The Second Chance CO Alarm was designed to prevent this type of tragedy. You should never run a CO producing item in your garage, but sometimes people make mistakes. They should not have to pay for these mistakes with their life. The Second Chance CO Alarm will automatically open your garage door, allowing fresh air to enter your garage, and forcing the poisonous CO gas out. Generators should always be placed outdoors and away from the home to prevent CO from entering your home. Keyless ignition cars and remote starters have also caused a spike in CO deaths over the last year. Visit http://www.secondchancecoalarms.com for more information on how you can protect yourself, and your loved ones, today.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Taz Goes Big!
Download Now!

Listen Live