‘Occupy’ Philadelphia Protesters Asking For Donations Of Warm Winter Outerwear

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The residents of Occupy Philadelphia are looking for donations of warm winter outerwear to help them through the cold times ahead.

The encampment on the west side of City Hall is a month old on Sunday. With one snow storm under their belt, residents are now looking to get equipped for the winter months. Alan Ford is one of the Occupy residents.

“Many of the people who are out here don’t have a lot of experience being outdoors in the winter time, even the people who came out of the homeless population. A lot of them are experienced with surviving down in the tunnels of suburban station,” said Ford.

Ford says donations of hats, coats, gloves, wool socks and wool blankets are welcomed. Anyone who wishes to make a donation can drop the warm weather wear at the Comfort Tent or pull up near the Occupy Philadelphia site and ask anyone for help.

Reported by Kim Glovas, KYW Newsradio

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Comments

1. Anonymous says:

Take your @$$3$ home.

2. Work for a Living says:

Hope you freeze your balls off you bunch of losers, get a job like the rest of us, guss fliping burgers is beneath you aholes.

3. L.H. says:

Thanks for telling me where to drop off my blanket and snow jacket. The jacket’s old, but quite wearable. Keep it up. I believe in you guys! I value my education, I have no regrets about being in debt for it (and I mean A LOT of debt). I am sure I will find a nice job somewhere. But I still want those who make less than I do be appropriately compensated for the hours they put in.

4. Wally says:

Go back to mommy and daddy’s house where it’s nice and warm.

5. bACKACHE OBUMMER says:

ALL DONATIONS SHOULD GO TO THE OVERTIME PAY AND CLEAN UP COST FROM THESE IMATURE PARTY PHONYS. wHY SHOULD THE POOR
    OVERTAXED CITIZENS OF PHILA. HAVE TO PAY MORE MONEY WE DON’T HAVE. FOR THEIR JOKE OF A CAUSE? DON”T THEY REALIZE THEY MADE THIER POINT AND ARE NOW JUST MAKING THINGS HARDER FOR EVERYONE ELSE. far left at its best , have once again diluted a once plausable issue. treat the best 1% as you would the worst 1%, they are not evil. IF DAMON, CLOONEY , WINFREY, PENN AND THE REST OF THE HOOLYWOOD CROWD THROW BREAD CRUMS AT YOU , YOU KISS THEIR FEET. WHY DO N’T THEY COUNT AS THE EVIL 1%. pRO NBA 1% TOO?

6. MR OBAMA'S DREAM COME TRUE says:

You mean evil joo de stroyer-of-nations So ros isn’t providing u ndies?

7. Tyred says:

Okay, you guys have made your point. Now, grow the hell up and go get a job. Jobs are available, but you probably think that “they don’t pay enough”, that they are “beneath you dignity” or that you don’t have the training required. Well, if you don’t have the training but you think that you’d like the job, get off of your ass and go get the training. As for the other excuses, I have little sympathy for you. If you’re cold, go find a steam vent somewhere.

1. Harry says:

Sorry, kids, the ugly brown squat mon ster inv aders have the bad jobs. The good ones have been outsourced or insourced.

But that’s what your hero Ob ongo wanted, isn’t it?

8. src says:

So sorry. After paying my mortgage, student loan, bills, car maintenance, my share of the national debt through My taxes, medical bills, LEGITIMATE charities and finally, to a few candidates running AGAINST the 0bama aenda, this 1%’er is tapped out.

I wish I could help..but I don’t think there’s enough money in the world to buy them a clue.

9. Raymond says:

I suggest that “Occupy Philadelphia” contact “Occupy Wall Street.” “Occupy Wall Street” has about $454,000.00 in the Bank. However, even they’re asking for Donations of “donations of warm winter outerwear to help them through the cold times ahead.” There’s an old line from a “Bugs Bunny” cartoon: “Just goes to show that ‘People Are Phony!'” What a Bunch of Bums, Derelicts, & Leeches! STOP LIVING OFF EVERYONE ELSE!!!!

Comments are closed.